Uk Visa Times

From the embassy website

Opening hours:

Monday – Thursday 0730 – 0930

Friday 0730 – 1030

Also, REQUIREMENT FOR TUBERCULOSIS TESTING FOR APPLICANTS VISITING THE UK FOR LONGER THAN 6 MONTHS

If applying on or after 1/12/05 for a settlement visa (or any visa for more than 6 months) than this certificate must be obtained before submitting the application. No certificate means that the application will be automatically refused and the fee forfeited!

it stated on the UK website you can only hand in applications at 7.30-9.30 is this right.  It leaves it a bit tight doesnt it!!!

Providing you get in through the door before 09:30 you'll be allowed to submit your application. Bear in mind, too, that they may still operate a quota system, but I'm not too sure of that.

Scouse.

Hiya Scouse,

I have made an appointment for the TB test anyways I feel it may fill my application suffice, so not to many questions I hope! :o

One more question I heard a guy grumbling outdide the embassy about not being able to pay in cash and being sent away? Does that go back to the cashier cheque thing? Do you happen to know where it is for getting a cashiers cheque near wireless rd?

Thanks again Scouse. :D

I don't know. I presume that if you were to go to your missus' bank, they'd issue a bank draft or cashier's cheque. Alternatively, I think the embassy accepts postal orders, too.

Scouse.

Thats lucky, I was going to put it in my name! lol Derrr

Honestly I do not know how I even got on the plane correctly again nevermind do a visa application...awww well :o

So is that any bank in particular (Just looking at some posts some maybe prefrerred), if not where is the nearest Post Office for a P.O near wirelesss?

Thanks Scouse & GU22 your Stars! :D

Edited by lopburiguy

Hiya all

it stated on the UK website you can only hand in applications at 7.30-9.30 is this right. It leaves it a bit tight doesnt it!!!

Please let me know of relevant tines to hand in if different.

just get there early, first in the que if possible ( not good standing in the morning heat waiting to go in the embassy, doesnt put you in a good frame of mind ) early bird catches the worm......... :o:D good luck.

From my own recent experience - which involved quite a bit of unnecessary timewasting, I'd say there is absolutely no point in turning up early, getting in the queue at 6 a.m. etc. for a settlement visa application. It is a good idea for visitors visas as you will get to see the ECO quicker; however for settlement visas, they simply take in your documents and fee and you are done and can go home. They take your contact details and will contact you in 5-10 days to let you know if you need a short interview or the long interview (wait 10-12 weeks). So as long as you are through the door before 9.30 you are fine.

The one thing you MUST have is the fee (19,500 baht) in the form of CASHIER CHEQUE payable to British Embassy Bangkok. They will not accept cash! The big Bank of Ayudya on Ploenchit Road opposite Wittayu junction are well geared up to issuing these, takes 30 secs with a fee of 20 baht. In fact at each morning just before 8.30 you will see at least a dozen people waiting for the bank to open so as to get their cashier cheques. The information counter in the bank, meanwhile, is stocked up with cashier cheque forms semi-filled in ready for the stampede.

Although, IMO, the British Embassy in Bangkok are pretty efficient and also give generally very helpful information on their website, I don't understand why they don't make clear on the website that settlement fees cannot be paid by cash and that once you've submitted your documents you must wait 5-10 days for "further action". Unaware of this, I like many others assumed, in the absence of information to the contrary, that you could pay in cash (as you can for visitors visas) and that if you applied in person they would tell you on the day whether you would require a short/long interview or whatever (as for visitors visas).

The one thing you MUST have is the fee (19,500 baht) in the form of CASHIER CHEQUE payable to British Embassy Bangkok. They will not accept cash!

I was caught like that, only Cashier Cheque taken with SV application.

I don't understand why they don't make clear on the website that settlement fees cannot be paid by cash and that once you've submitted your documents you must wait 5-10 days for "further action

The waiting period for further action is Embassy time required for the cheque to clear payment. It will probably take 10 working days, after which, the Embassy will contact the applicant advising the interview date

The waiting period for further action is Embassy time required for the cheque to clear payment. It will probably take 10 working days, after which, the Embassy will contact the applicant advising the interview date

I can't see that being the reason Andren. If it was just about payment, then they would still let you pay in cash. I may be wrong but i think a cashiers cheque is as good as cash anyway? Also, by the time you do get the interview, the cheque would have cleared anyway.

I think the reason for waiting 5-10 days before being contacted, is purely the administration period for processing the application, ensuring everything is there etc. and deciding whether a short or long interview is required.