New Central Plaza Rama 9

petedk

Parked on the 5th floor of the Central Plaza Rama 9 and have now spent 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES!!! trying to get out. We have moved half a length of the car park in that time.

I thought that with the traffic being light today there would be no problems.

Don't take a car if you decide to go there.

Haha bit late for that advice.

Good news.. after 90 minutes we are down to floor 4.

I don't know how Thais keep so calm. I just had a moan at the security only to get the standard reply. "khortort krab".

I walked down the stairs and saw that cars were leaving the exit quite fast. The problem is simple mismanagement.

It is not so much patience by the Thais (well, sort of patience). It's the 'upside-down' view of the individual in Thai society, that makes them put up with it. That is, the individual comes last in socieity after company or organization, after big corporation, after army/government, after monarchy. There are so many ways that individuals in Thailand are slighted in the provision of public services and amenities and it's all because individual inconvenience counts for nothing.....

Actually I wanted to take the MRT but you know how Thais like to drive everywhere.

Personally I don't think much of the center. There are several of the usual restaurants. There's a lot of open space but that'll probably be filled with stalls later.

Down to third floor now :)