Visa Extension And Border Run

Strange question, I have a client who is visiting Thailand at the moment, they have decided to extend their stay so have been thinking about getting a 7 day extension, and then follow this with a 15 day border run before they leave Thailand. They are on a Norwegian passport. I'd heard before that this can't be done, so if anyone knows the answer I'd be delighted.

Happy New Year.

If they want a 7 day extension at Immigration, Immigration would like to see a ticket proving that they are leaving Thailand within those 7 days.

A border run will give them 15 days they can do that more then 1 time, to give them the desired days in Thailand

Edited by MJCM

If they don't want to do two border runs, do the border run first then apply for a 7 days extension of the border run entrance by showing their flights out of Thailand during that 7 days. The opposite might not work.

There is no 7 day extension of stay available. That is a special 'get packed out' allowance that Immigration will normally allow as an under review period for a declined approval for extension of stay. As said they often ask for proof of exit to do so.

So it may or may not be allowed. Be better to get the 15 days first.