Nail Biting Solution

rakchaingmai

You really are a piece of cake with this one, RCM.

I don't know what to suggest.

Some less artful and polite members might suggest deleting the bum squirter on your next bathroom stop, and using hands only with no washing.

Of course, as a mod I would never offer anything so outrageous and offensive to a member such as yourself.

Perhaps Valium, 10 mg taken twice daily might alleviate your symptoms.....

I won't move this to the Health forum, as I should, as I am hoping someone here in CM will come up with a local shaman ensconced in a hut up on Doi Suthep, who will do nail biting exorcisms (making this topic CM specific).

<snip>Some less artful and polite members might suggest deleting the bum squirter on your next bathroom stop, and using hands only with no washing.

Of course, as a mod I would never offer anything so outrageous and offensive to a member such as yourself.

That's quite funny mcgriff. So we mods can have a good sense of humour after all. I must work on that .... cool.png

<snip>Some less artful and polite members might suggest deleting the bum squirter on your next bathroom stop, and using hands only with no washing.

That's quite funny mcgriff. So we mods can have a good sense of humour after all. I must work on that .... cool.png

Are you sure that is not the real him not a sense of humor.offtopic2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I used to bite my nails. I feel that chemicals are the wrong approach for this.

I used to always carry a small nail file with me because I would try to "correct" small imperfections with my teeth, causing more problems of course... the file helped a lot.

Other than that you'll have to figure out why you'd be doing something that you don't want to be doing. You'll have to ask yourself who, exactly, is in charge up there. You don't want to bite your nails; yet you do it. So who is doing it?

Nail biting is not an addiction, it's IMO more something you do when you are completely unconscious - something in you has taken over and that something is biting nails.

Psychologists will want to know why that something is biting nails but I think it's much simpler and easier to remain present. Or even get back to being present once you found yourself biting - a great reminder, isn't it?

Correct the damage done with the little file and you're all set ;)

• Like 1

Thank you it's in thai so my wife understands awesome will give it a try but my daughter gets wise to it and washes it off .

I don't think valium to a 3 year old is a good idea .

I was looking to get hold of this product in chiang mai thats why i put it in this forum .

fresh aloe vera is quite bitter, not a chemical and not unhealthy, if you can keep it on her fingers she may stop- i bit my nails at 3 years old and did for years and years, so your daughter has my sympathy for this bad habit.

fresh aloe vera is quite bitter, not a chemical and not unhealthy, if you can keep it on her fingers she may stop- i bit my nails at 3 years old and did for years and years, so your daughter has my sympathy for this bad habit.

But i'm not sure a 3 year old can file there nails .

Funny, I only bite my nails when I notice you're trawling the forum sbk.biggrin.png

There is a product that is sold in Boots UK, but I haven't seen it here. It's called Stop and Grow, ittastes awful and sewrves as a reminder to keep fingers away from mouth. It's about 3 pounds 70 pence and the size of a small nail varnish jar. If you know anyone in UK they could send you one to try.

Edited by uptheos

Dettrol hand sanitising gel might do it.

It comes in a small bottle you can keep in your pocket and has a pleasant smell that lasts. When you bring your nails to your mouth, the smell will remind you to stop.

It has helped me to remember to stop touching my face & nose to help prevent catching colds.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

But i'm not sure a 3 year old can file there nails .

Funny, I only bite my nails when I notice you're trawling the forum sbk.biggrin.png

There is a product that is sold in Boots UK, but I haven't seen it here. It's called Stop and Grow, ittastes awful and sewrves as a reminder to keep fingers away from mouth. It's about 3 pounds 70 pence and the size of a small nail varnish jar. If you know anyone in UK they could send you one to try.

I know they sell it in the uk but i thought i would try to see if i could get it in thailand first before i ask someone to send me some as my wife told me you could get it here but she did not know where maybe i will try boots in ksk today .

I used to bite my nails, but then all my teeth went rotten and were extracted, later requiring dentures.

The problem was that my dentures were not up to nail biting so to relieve my tension I reverted to picking my nose instead, just like I used to do in my school days. This is becoming embarrassing because I’ve started picking my nose in public now.

Does anyone have any solutions to my problem? Other than chopping off my fingers.

Mods could you please move this to the Bangkok forum? As I think there are more nose pickers there.

I used to bite my nails, but then all my teeth went rotten and were extracted, later requiring dentures.

The problem was that my dentures were not up to nail biting so to relieve my tension I reverted to picking my nose instead, just like I used to do in my school days. This is becoming embarrassing because I’ve started picking my nose in public now.

Does anyone have any solutions to my problem? Other than chopping off my fingers.

Mods could you please move this to the Bangkok forum? As I think there are more nose pickers there.

As a nose picker, I would have thought you'd fit right into society here.biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

• 2 months later...

The very best is a liquid from LCN. It is called Nail bitter. It has such a disgusting taste that you stop within a short time to bite your nails. Please contact me in private how to get it, as I am not allowed in Thai Visa to advertise or promote anything. Best regards TP

Cant see it happening.. wesbite must of been hacked... mods with a sense of humour..now thats funny

I have been a persistant nail biter since schooldays but miraculously i stopped when i started going to phuket regularly...............

..........................now back in chiang mai and its started again

i think a trip to pattaya will confirm the reasonslicklips.gif

Mavala Stop which is made in Switzerland and sold world-wide (which does not mean it's available in Thailand) works absolutely great.

I've bitten my nails for eons and have tried every anti-nail-biter paint-on stuff. The "hot" stuff doesn't do it, and the bitter stuff isn't that bitter. But Mavala is so nasty tasting that I stopped biting my nails within a week, and haven't bitten them since (now about 8 weeks).

It's so nasty that I found I could not peel vegetables without using plastic gloves!

But...there's a caveat, and the Mavala website points out that there is an age below which the ability of a child to taste bitter substances are not yet formed. Mavala says it works for children 3 years old or older. And by the way...it does not really wash off easily!

This is about the tenth product that I've tried over two decades. Just the thought that I'd have to deal with it again stops me dead!

http://www.mavala.co...?id=8&prod_id=5

Their site talks about the need for a nail biter product to be over age 3, see the link if it's allowed.

Edited by jsflynn603