Rice Prices Buriram

Thaicoon

Hi Guys,

Had all my rice harvest done, did not get as much as last year, quite a poor harvest, as planted later, some years outstanding some years poor, thats the way it go's, i am in the UK at the moment, i was wondering if anybody knows the price of Rice at the moment, how much one kilo, i can then work my quota out.

Thanks Guys.....................................

Hi Guys,

Had all my rice harvest done, did not get as much as last year, quite a poor harvest, as planted later, some years outstanding some years poor, thats the way it go's, i am in the UK at the moment, i was wondering if anybody knows the price of Rice at the moment, how much one kilo, i can then work my quota out.

Here in Rattanaburi rice is going for about 7Baht /kilo (untreated)

<snip> i was wondering if anybody knows the price of Rice at the moment<snip>

I will be at the Rice company in Surin on Saturday, I will ask them for you. As I drive through Burrirum, I will try also to se the posted prices for the rice, though I doubt the price in Burriram and Surin will be much diferent.

Why am I going to the Rice Company, I buy the rice for a restaurant in Bangkok - and 160 kg of rice in the back of the pick-up makes the thing stick to the road alot better, for when I drive home.

<snip> i was wondering if anybody knows the price of Rice at the moment<snip>

I will be at the Rice company in Surin on Saturday, I will ask them for you. As I drive through Burrirum, I will try also to se the posted prices for the rice, though I doubt the price in Burriram and Surin will be much diferent.

Why am I going to the Rice Company, I buy the rice for a restaurant in Bangkok - and 160 kg of rice in the back of the pick-up makes the thing stick to the road alot better, for when I drive home.

[insert mandatory sticky rice joke here.]

Hi Guys,

Hi Thaicoon

I suppose you will have dried rice stored by now. Price of dry rice round Burriram is now about 9 THB. I usually sell wet, but because of bad prices at time of harvest decided to dry and store. Have my own facilities for storage, so no extra cost. With the normal trend I suppose in January/Februari price will go up to about 10/11 THB Don't sell if you don't need to. It can be better than money in the bank :o

Hi Guys,

Hi Thaicoon

I suppose you will have dried rice stored by now. Price of dry rice round Burriram is now about 9 THB. I usually sell wet, but because of bad prices at time of harvest decided to dry and store. Have my own facilities for storage, so no extra cost. With the normal trend I suppose in January/Februari price will go up to about 10/11 THB Don't sell if you don't need to. It can be better than money in the bank :o

Thanks for the info, not had such a good harvest as last year, but i like just to check prices out from time to time, most years i sell in feb, so i will wait untill i am back at home. i can now roughly work out how much baht i will get on the quantities, thanks.

I have just checked prices with my father-in-law (Surin Province) and the going rate after the harvest is 7 baht per kilo. He is storing most of his rice until next March / April when he expects a better price of around 14 baht per kilo.

As 'gondarman' said, "Don't sell if you don't need to. It can be better than money in the bank." :o

Edited by Nomad97

We're in Nakhon Ratchasima, and although the local rate is 7 Baht/kilo at present, my brother in law has sold the rice to the 'local government' (whoever that means).

They are buying up at just under 10 baht / kilo and paying before the end of the year.

Andy

We're in Nakhon Ratchasima, and although the local rate is 7 Baht/kilo at present, my brother in law has sold the rice to the 'local government' (whoever that means).

They are buying up at just under 10 baht / kilo and paying before the end of the year.

Andy

They do say if you have an account with the thai farmers bank, now kaliskorn bank, you will sell your rice for more, it go's straight to the government, but i do not trust this bank. i will wait like i have done in previous years, and just watch the prices, i have around 300 85 kilo bags up to now. so could double my money if i wait untill march.