Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

2. 173

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

3. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

4. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

5. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

6. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

7. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

8. 25

9. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

10. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

11. 1

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

12. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

13. 25

View Talay 5

toenail

I am thinking of purchasing a condo at View Talay 5, building C - south side. I am wondering if anyone has the "pros" and "cons" of this place. Also, how tall is the new hotel suppose to be since the apartment I am looking at is on the 9th floor. The negative aspect of the south side is the sun which heats up the place. I wonder if the new hotel complex will be noisy...

thanks for any input

The hotel is nearly finished so you can see the end result already. On the 9th floor you will be above it, just. It's a fairly luxury development but as far as I remember any guests in the north building walking along the corridor to their room will be looking at your balcony. You may or may not be concerned.

I nearly bought a unit in the same position as yours on the 6th floor last year for 1.8MB (in the end I decided that I wanted a better view and someone else bought it and it's back on the market at 1MB more cheesy.gif ). There was another similar one on the 8th that I didnt get for the same reason.

I also nearly bought one on the floor under the top floor for 2.4MB around the same time. That one was very near the front and was far above the hotel of course. But the view of VT7 put me off. I do like a proper view, which I have in the place I'm currently renting.

So my main comment in that building would be: don't pay too much. Of course that applies throughout Pattaya.

Edited by Darrel

The new hotel has 8 floors and with the pitched roof would be equivalent to 9 - 10 floors.

Your proposed 9th fl purchase would be at about the same level.

The sun shines on that side of the building predominately from Sept through to April,

not so much during May to Aug.

The management running the building is still Viewtalay who are the developers, they are ok but run a

tight ship on spending, as around 40% of the building is still unsold therefore they lose out on proposed

maintenance charge income to spend on the building.

Location is good and pretty quiet.

....40% of the building is still unsold therefore they lose out on proposed

In theory the developer should be paying the common fees for all unsold units. In theory.

As far I know there is/was some legal action going on in one of the VT managed buildings about this.

The clerk at the View Talay office in Jomtien (which promotes all of its apartments 1-7) said that all of the apartments for foreign name were sold. I think the policy for every condo complex is that 51% are to be Thai owned and the other 49% can be owned by farangs. --So I imagine many of these towers we see seem to be empty since many of the apartments have not been sold to Thais (unless a Thai wants to purchase the apartment then rent it out ).

The new hotel has 8 floors and with the pitched roof would be equivalent to 9 - 10 floors.

Your proposed 9th fl purchase would be at about the same level.

The sun shines on that side of the building predominately from Sept through to April,

not so much during May to Aug.

The management running the building is still Viewtalay who are the developers, they are ok but run a

tight ship on spending, as around 40% of the building is still unsold therefore they lose out on proposed

Location is good and pretty quiet.

I have friends on the 11th floor of that building also South facing and they are quite some way above the hotel roof, I would estimate that on the 9th floor you should clear the roof line as well.

The clerk at the View Talay office in Jomtien (which promotes all of its apartments 1-7) said that all of the apartments for foreign name were sold. I think the policy for every condo complex is that 51% are to be Thai owned and the other 49% can be owned by farangs. --So I imagine many of these towers we see seem to be empty since many of the apartments have not been sold to Thais (unless a Thai wants to purchase the apartment then rent it out ).

Only VT1&2 sold out 100%, VT3,5,6&7 have sold about 60%

The upside to this though, is that the buildings are quieter and less busy.