Bangkok Bank Cash Deposit Atm'S Never Work--New Bank Suggestions?

DixiePig

I've been banking at bangkok Bank since I came to Thailand years ago. THey gave me an account when I was on a Tourist Visa. when other banks wouldn't.

The last 7 times I went to the cash deposit ATM it was out of order, most recently the ENTIRE New Years Holiday. I can't take this any more and want tochange banks.

Suggestions? I am almost entirely an ATM user, would like a little interest, but that is secondary to functioning cash deposit machines. Chiang Mai Gate area.

Kasikorn(green bank) is probably the best bank to use if you are a ATM/ADM only person. There are quite a few locations that offer both services in town.(1 is Chiang Mai Gate). As far as interest, the basic savings account interests are negligible, but they do offer the full gambit of other banking/investment products.

I have used Bangkok Bank and thus some usage from their ATM's for 20 years, multi accounts and never a problem on any.

I have found though , that going to the hyper stores, like Lotus-Tesco provides excellent service both ATM and at the bank office which is open many of the hours that the normal banks are not...... like week ends. Also in the Lotus-Tesco at Kam Thiem there is a Siam Bank offering both counter service as well as ATM's.

Many of the hyper mkts offer these types of facilities.

Good luck to you in finding one close to your location

G