Foreigner Marrying In Thailand

wylos

I have read a few websites and they say you have to be resident in Thailand for at least 3 working days before u can register a marriage at amphur,

I know the affirmation,MFA etc can take a few days...is the 3 day wait true ???

Cheers.

Hi, i remember reading this when i married my wife in sept 2010, but since when you land in thailand is classed as day one and the time it takes to get your affirmation to marry sorted as 7 by 7 has pointed out your more than qualify, example arrive on monday, affirmation on tuesday & marry on wednesday if you want it that quick

Why on earth would you want to get married in Thailand without being resident for 3 days???

I've been here many years and seen many marriages and advise people NEVER to marry a Thai woman until they have been living here for at least 3 years and never build a house for 5 years+. Wait until you understand the culture, language, women etc THEN make a decision on these important matters.

Why on earth would you want to get married in Thailand without being resident for 3 days???

Probably because he is in a long term relationship with a Thai woman, has visited her several times and maybe she has visited him in his home country. They have now made the decision to marry and live in his country, not Thailand, and he has only a limited time in Thailand to get married and sort her visa application out.

That's how it was for my wife and I; over 10 years later we're still going strong and I have never lived in Thailand, only been there for holidays, although we will retire there when the time comes; or sooner if my lottery numbers come up!