Schengen-Netherlands Visa For Thai Gf

Hi,

I have looked at the visa requirements on VFS Global site and the document requirements seem straight forward not much to fill in, at what point do i have to supply photos, call logs, email evidence?

I also want to take her to the UK for a few days do i have to apply for a uk visa at the same time? or can it be done in the Netherlands?

Thanks wai.gif

Your post and topic title are not clear.

Please confirm:

• You live in The Netherlands and she is applying for a Schengen visa from the Dutch embassy in Bangkok so she can visit you there.
  • Whilst in The Netherlands with you the pair of you want to visit the UK.

Correct?

Assuming it is:-

As far as I am aware, she submits the supporting documents for her Schengen visa at the same time as she submits the actual application.

She will need a separate visa for the UK as it is not in the Schengen area. She should apply for this in Bangkok, not The Netherlands as, except for exceptional compassionate reasons, UK visas have to be applied for in the applicant's country of residence.

get her to go as a tourist, easier then you do not need to get involved (Schengen), just have the flight confirmation (not booked) and hotels (booked, but free cancellation). Money for her use is also required she should show about 3500baht per day of stay (Swiss Embassy use 100CHF per day).

For the UK Visa have a lot of stuff prepared such as call logs and emails, make sure she has enough proof to suggest she will come back to Thailand, this is where most applicants fail.

Hi 7by7 yes you are correct,

Beano i will look at tourist option also

thanks

My wife applied for a tourist visa on Wednesday, she did not bother with the EU National stuff as that meant a run around getting things translated for them, so tourist was the easy option, she has to go back next Wednesday to collect her passport and the results.

Beano, Schengen visas are free for the spouse of an EU national and a lot of the information, such as hotel reservations, is not required; providing they are traveling with or to join their spouse.

So maybe she should have bothered with the 'EU National stuff!'