Another Where To Buy Question.

KhunHeineken

On a recent trip/visa run to Vietnam I asked what this small steel frame was for that was sitting in my room. The Vietnamese lady in reception told me it was for a big bottle of water and then showed me the bottle.

The bottle holds 21 litres of treated drinking water, is hygienically sealed and has a tap on the bottom. In Vietnam they cost 25,000 dong which is about $1.20US which is about 38 baht. Of course, the company keeps the bottle to clean and refill.

Can I buy something like this in Patong? I have seen the large white coloured bottles of water but you need to tip them upside down and put them in a cooler that you have to buy or rent. I just want to sit the bottle on my kitchen bench and pour the water into some smaller bottles, and a jug, and put them in the fridge. Also, to fill a bowl to wash some salad in. I'm sick of carrying large amounts of water home from Big C every few days.

Does the company that makes the big white bottles make a bottle with a tap? I have no problem exchanging an empty bottle for a full bottle and paying cash on delivery or having an account. I just don't need or want the cooler, which I gather would be under some sort of contract, which doesn't make the water cold enough anyway.

The 5 litre bottles of water are ok, but I still go through them pretty quick.

I have attached a couple of photos so you know what I am talking about.

I'm open to any other suggestions. Thanks.

post-121885-0-97757600-1326361515_thumb.

post-121885-0-72759800-1326361871_thumb.

I've never seen a bottle with a tap at the bottom here. The white plastic ones are all I've seen. You can get a stand that hinged and you tip the bottle in it or you can get a siphon pump to fill one liter bottles to put in the refrigerator. I'm pretty sure you have to buy your own cooler. At least I know I had to buy the in laws refrigerated one.

I've never seen a bottle with a tap at the bottom here. The white plastic ones are all I've seen. You can get a stand that hinged and you tip the bottle in it or you can get a siphon pump to fill one liter bottles to put in the refrigerator. I'm pretty sure you have to buy your own cooler. At least I know I had to buy the in laws refrigerated one.

Thanks Jimi007. I think I know what you are talking about. The big bottle sits in a cradle that swivels. They have something similar for the big 5 litre bottles of scotch whiskey. I've never seen one for this size water bottle before.

How much was the cooler for the inlaws? Even if I got the cooler, you can't fit a jug under the tap on it.

The siphon pump is a great idea. I have seen them for sale everywhere. Now I know why. That may be the simple answer to my problem.

Thanks Jimi007. I think I know what you are talking about. The big bottle sits in a cradle that swivels. They have something similar for the big 5 litre bottles of scotch whiskey. I've never seen one for this size water bottle before.

How much was the cooler for the inlaws? Even if I got the cooler, you can't fit a jug under the tap on it.

The siphon pump is a great idea. I have seen them for sale everywhere. Now I know why. That may be the simple answer to my problem.

Yes exactly, a cradle. They have them at Thai shops that sell household goods. I used the pump unit for years, works best if the bottle is up on the counter rather than the floor I found. I can't remember how much the electric refrigerated one was. I remember it wasn't cheap though... I got it at a Makro out in Sa Kaeo.

Edited by Jimi007

Yes exactly, a cradle. They have them at Thai shops that sell household goods. I used the pump unit for years, works best if the bottle is up on the counter rather than the floor I found. I can't remember how much the electric refrigerated one was. I remember it wasn't cheap though... I got it at a Makro out in Sa Kaeo.

I've probably seen one of the cradles before but thought it was some sort of strange clothes rack. smile.pngsmile.png Anyway, will have a serious look around for one now. If I can't find one, the siphon idea is great.

How much are one of the big white water bottles, to the public?

Edited by KhunHeineken

I've probably seen one of the cradles before but thought it was some sort of strange clothes rack. smile.pngsmile.png Anyway, will have a serious look around for one now. If I can't find one, the siphon idea is great.

How much are one of the big white water bottles, to the public?

I don't remember how much the jugs of water are. I haven't bought any in years. My well water is good here in Rawai. The Happy Crystal Ice Company that bottles that water is just down the road. I know there are guys that deliver it to your house for not too much. You just have to see one and ask them to deliver. Or go to any mom and pop shop and you have to pay a deposit for the bottle as well as pay for the water, then just take it home. When you return an empty, you just pay for the new water.

If you don't want to drink the water from the big white bottles you can get purer drinking water in 18.9 litre blue bottles.

We get a delivery every Thursday. Price has just gone up from 40 to 45 baht each. Haven't seen taps or cradles, but I'm sure you can get them if needed.

post-18822-0-04510000-1326429354_thumb.j

If you don't want to drink the water from the big white bottles you can get purer drinking water in 18.9 litre blue bottles.

We get a delivery every Thursday. Price has just gone up from 40 to 45 baht each. Haven't seen taps or cradles, but I'm sure you can get them if needed.

Old Croc, how do you pour the water from these bottles into smaller bottles to put in your fridge? Or, do you place it on top of one of the water coolers?

Old Croc, how do you pour the water from these bottles into smaller bottles to put in your fridge? Or, do you place it on top of one of the water coolers?

I don'trolleyes.gif , but my missus hoists them up and pours it into a water jug before decanting into the smaller bottles.

Five foot nothing, 46 kilos, but she can cart bags of cement, huge flower pots and full water bottles like they were feathers.

You should see what she can carry back from the market on her bike!!ohmy.png

Edited by Old Croc