...i Have To Re-new My 1 Year Support Visa

I am not sure what the answer is , but here goes...I have to re-new my 1 year support visa on the Ist of Febuary 2006, normally in the past , Ive had to go back to Immigration two times ( March, and then in April when I get my 1 year visa extension ) but this time on the 5th of February after applying for the new 1 year visa I have to return to Europe for Medical surgery ( which cannot be carried out here in Thailand ) and will have to stay in Europe may be just over one month , which means I will not be in Thailand to go and report to Immigration and get my under consideration stamp ( March) as in the past, I know I will have to apply for an re- entry permit , but as I said I will not be in Thailand in March...? any one been in this situation before , I don't know what Immigration ( Bangkok) will say..? )

..Thanks...... Mumbo

You mention immigration Bangkok but they normally only require one return visit some 40 days later? Have you had to return twice to Bangkok?

I would go to immigration now and try to get the process done before you have to leave so that you have a re-entry permit with enough time to get back here. Take your medical report or other proof and plead your case.

Not the end of the world if unable to do as you can take marriage certificate and copy of wife id card with you and obtain a new non immigrant O visa before you return if need be.

Good luck with the surgery.

I am in just the same situation I have to apply for my new support visa and it looks as if I will not be able to be back here in Thailand when I have to report for the second consideration stamp, ( Pattaya Immigration ) I am making the trip out of Thailand to sell my house, my only problem is that where my property is ( a small Island of the coast of africa) It does not have a Thai Embassy , so even if I took the marriage certificate and copy of wife id card I could not obtain a new Non " O " visa, any one got any ideas of what to say to Immigration so I don't loose my current Visa...?

Thank you

If you do not have time to do it before you travel I would see if they could issue a longer under consideration stamp period. As you will have to also obtain a re-entry permit for that period also.

If unable you can come back/obtain 30 day stamp/proceed to Penang or elsewhere for a visa and return to start the process (60 days later). Still not the end of the world.

Thanks...lopburi3, for the past 3 years ive always been to Pattaya Immigration to apply for my 1 year support visa, first visit with the wife and all the paper work, given an under consideration stamp , come back in a month. second visit a month later, given a second under consideration stamp, come back in a month.... third visit a month later, given the 1 year visa stamp, and report in 90 days slip in the pass port, so its normally been 3 times to Immigration...?

This time I am going to apply for the 1 year support visa at Bangkok Immigration, from what you have said ( You mention immigration Bangkok but they normally only require one return visit some 40 days later? ) does this mean only Two visits , the first with the wife and paper work, and one under consideration stamp, and then a month later( or 40 Days ..? ) you go back and collect the 1 year visa...Two visits in all...?

also can we apply a month sooner before the current 1 year visa runs out, ...?

.... Many Thanks.....Mumbo

Yes to both. You normally have one under consideration period of 40 days and get the final stamp.

You are expected to apply during the final 30 days but if you have valid reasons that you can show (such as air tickets) they may well be able to accommodate you.