Car Insurance

customcurb

I have a 12 yr old pickup truck which came with 900b insurance from the dealer, which is probably covers the cost of bandaids at best. I'm trying to find 3rd party injury, death, and damage coverages of at least 2M thb per person/vehicle involved. While not likely to hit (no pun) those limits if an accident, well, that's what insurance is for just in case.

Any recommendations on company that can offer higher limits?

thx

Glennb6

Buengkan

Hi, great pun! The insurance you have is just compulsory insurance. I've never bought a 3rd party policy but the limit you outlined is fairly standard for 1st class, any company can offer this - I've had policies from Thai Insurance, AXA and Southwest and they all did. Any broker will give you a range of options, just state what limit you want and they'll find you the cheapest quote.

My understanding is that it can be difficult to get 1st class insurance for a vehicle more than 10 years old.

That sounds right, I was told by Viriyah 1st class insurance is only offered if it is a new car less than 3 years old.

If I'm not mistaken Tanavhart offer their own version of 1st class pretty cheap for most cars regardless of how old, but damage an collision liability is pretty bad.

Edited by arkom

My car is 19 years old and I have 1st. class insurance from Safety . Try them, perhaps you will be lucky. Really great service in case of an accident.

Sorry, but 'customcurb' will not be able to get 1st class insurance for his vehicle.

aussiebebe, so far all companies have said no to a 12 yr old truck, which makes zero sense to me as it would be cheaper to fix than a new model, but tit.

Theo007, who what where is Safety ?

And the overall point is I'm not as concerned about paying for my own truck's damage in the event of accident, as I am the liability for repairing a 1 million baht+ vehicle that I might hit when only having 200,000 baht coverage. Same applies to the occupants who could have a couple million in hospital bills if a bad accident and I've only got 100,000 or 200,000 baht per person coverage. Have spoken to 3 insurance company people and they are clueless, and a known insurance broker who hasn't yet responded to the point of higher liability.

The Thai answer is probably "don't hit expensive cars" not doubt.....

aussiebebe, so far all companies have said no to a 12 yr old truck, which makes zero sense to me as it would be cheaper to fix than a new model, but tit.

Theo007, who what where is Safety ?

And the overall point is I'm not as concerned about paying for my own truck's damage in the event of accident, as I am the liability for repairing a 1 million baht+ vehicle that I might hit when only having 200,000 baht coverage. Same applies to the occupants who could have a couple million in hospital bills if a bad accident and I've only got 100,000 or 200,000 baht per person coverage. Have spoken to 3 insurance company people and they are clueless, and a known insurance broker who hasn't yet responded to the point of higher liability.

The Thai answer is probably "don't hit expensive cars" not doubt.....

Thai answer is: "what car inshoolans?"

Sometimes my memory is working really fine.

There is a old(?) post in ThaiVisa http://www.thaivisa....nce-thru-banks/ which is covering exactly your demands.

The link doesn't work anymore, but SCB is still offering car insurance (click on personal banking).

I don't know if the insurance is for old cars.

When you prefer to get in contact with a insurance broker (Thai, but very good English language skills), who saved me 30% for a 1st class insurance compared to the original quotation from Honda, send an PM.

Sorry, TV rules don't allow posting email address.