Work Permit Cancelled - Re-Entry Visa

So, a friend ov mine is away at the moment, out ov the country, and he's just found out that his W/P will be cancelled next week. However, before he left he got himself a re-entry visa.

So, will his re-entry still be valid when he returns?

Cheers....

Om.

That depends. If he is staying in Thailand based on work, his permisison to stay in Thailand ends when his job ends and he needs a new visa etc. Otherwise he would be staying in Thailand illegally.

If on the other hand he is staying in Thailand based on a Thai wife for instance, his permisison to stay stays valid.

Cheers Mario...

His visa / w/p was based on work - Non 'B' . As mentioned before he's out ov the country at the moment and his employers have decided to end the contract and cancel his permit.

Once again, many thanks.

Om.

I don't think you understand, he could have a "B" Visa and a canceled WP and still enter the country legally. The problem is if he is on a one year "Extension of Stay" based on employment. Was he crossing the border every 90 days?

Yes, I should have said that it also depends on if he has a valid multi entry non-B visa or is on an extension of stay from immigration. If he is on a valid multiple entry visa and leaves the country every 90 days, that one stays valid and he can use it to enter again.

If on a one year extension of stay from immigration he will need a new visa.