Buying Shares In Thailand

I will start by buying shares in Thailand. I use SCB Bank and Internet banking there.

Is it legal by foreigners to trade stocks in Thailand as a private person? Taxes and fees in connection with share trading?

Is SCB Bank right bank for purchase of shares, or are there better alternatives?

Is the online buying and selling shares, so that I can follow the course development?

Appreciate any information how I should proceed.

Best regards.

Dagling

dagling.

If you search a little on TV there are plenty of threads about the subject.

But to give you a short answer: Yes you can trade shares as a foreigner, a little paperwork to open a tradingaccount, but not to complicated. Kbank, where I do my trading, demands a initial deposit of 1M baht. Yes it is realtime, a very good system all in English. Capital gains are taxfree, on dividends the taxaverage is about 10%. Good luck!

I agree.

Shares anywhere in the world are a gamble, allbeit an educated one. Thailand is little different to the rest of the world.

Risky to buy shares- yes. you could lose your money but you could win big

Risky for bank deposits; yes and no. Not really but they will never make you rich, BUT if everyone is getting richer buy buying share, you are probably getting poorer by earning small amounts in the bank that are below the rate of inflation, thus just depositing money in a bank is a risk

Need to see a doctor if considering shares in Thailand?- No. I would suggest a balance is required- shares, cash and property- worldwide

Need to see a doctor if all your assets are in cash and you are oblivious to other investments? yes yes yes

Mate if you want to buy shares in Thailand then you need to see a doctor.

You know what? I love people who makes a claim, without justifying why.

Thai stocks have some of the highest dividend payments in the world plus many people in 2010/11 made 20% + plus profits on their thai stocks (me included)

Sorry you missed out! cowboy.gif

Thai stocks have some of the highest dividend payments in the world plus many people in 2010/11 made 20% + plus profits on their thai stocks (me included)

Is their an English language source for research/performance data on Thai stocks that you can recommend or are you getting your information from local Thai publications - and if so I presume you can read Thai?

Can you share thanks?

Is their an English language source for research/performance data on Thai stocks that you can recommend or are you getting your information from local Thai publications - and if so I presume you can read Thai?

Can you share thanks?

For tech analysis i use bloomberg and ft.com..both cover thai stocks..

I also trade shares here and absoloutly no problems.

Plus my account for money is with SCB but the trading is done through a broker.

Commissions are next to nothing if you trade yourself.

Slightly higher if you want advice and placement of the buy/sell order.

Have contact of a great firm and happy to share my details with you.

PM me.

OH ... Soi 41 comments (post #3) are on the money and my experience also EXCEPT there was no minimum start (his was 1 mil Baht) .

what rubbish weve invested in Thai stocks for last 10 years and more than doubles our money in fact in last few years set index has almost tripled. I think its hit a high and so weve sold out most of them with a nice 150% profit on average over 10 years. We will probably buy again but from singapore instead of directly here since we consider brokers in singapore probably more honest and it makes it very easy to keep your money out of Thailand although of course in Thai baht