Overstay 3 Days

I've been searching the forums for an answer to my situation and can't find anything so I am asking for advice. I arrived in Thailand and got the 30 arrival stamp. Before it was expired I went to VTE and got a 60 day tourist visa. I had planned to go back to the US before my time was up but the flood changed my plans. Instead of going to the US and returning a month later, I stayed here. I got the 30 day extention and then went back a second time for 14 days. I was only given 7 days. My booked flight leaves on the 25 and my visa expires on the 22. Changing my flight will cost $250 It's only 3 days so I'll pay 1,000 baht at the airport. Or should I pay at the immigration office (I stay in Pak Kret so it's close)? Can I ask for another extension? I don't care about paying an extra 900 baht if it would look better. I'll be coming back in a month or so and I don't want any problems. I'll pay to change my flight if staying the extra 3 days is a big deal. I don't know. Half the stories are about people that overstayed months and years and the other half say do anything you can to avoid it. Also, three years ago I overstayed one day (the month had 31 days).

Don't bother telling me I am in this situation because of lack of planning and being able to count days of the month. I know.

You should have done a border run for 15 days as no more than 7 days to exit is ever allowed once you have made the 30 day extension. You could still do that for about the same cost as overstay from most places.

If 3 days overstay the fee will be 1,500 baht - first day is not charged only if that is the only overstay day. It should not be an issue on departure or for return (but anything could change - but unlikely in most peoples opinion).

If I could have done a border run, I would have. I have a friend that planned to visit me late October. Since we had chest deep water in the first floor of our house, I told her to change her flight. She couldn't get a flight late December because of the holidays, so she came the first week of January. If I did the run before she arrived, I would still be short a couple days and I really didn't want to drag her to Laos. I could have stayed in VTE a few days longer before re-entering Thailand, but my place was filling up with water and I decided getting back to rescue what I could was more important. I was going to pay to change my flight, but the fee went from $100 to $250.

I would still like to know if it is better to pay at the airport, pay at immigration, or try to get another 7 days.

Pay your 3 day overstay at the airport - give yourself an extra 30 minutes to get to the gate. Little point in going to Immigration in advance just don't have a run-in with the BiB before you get to Suvarnabhumi.

-heatherm-

I can only go with -KamnanT- I overstayed several times, until now, nobody mentioned it, no problem at Airport.

So keep a low, normal profile on your days you Overstay and pay at the Airport your fine. Usualy 5 Minutes time lost, if you the only one at that time.

There is a small desk behind Immigration counters for that Overstay payment,the Immigration officer will bring you there.

Check it out than, but usualy you get Exit stamp there than also, must not go back to the Immigration counters, BUT CHECK your Exit stamp!

More Extension time, after receiving the 7 days extension not possible, so you would have only the choice to leave the country with a borderrun or a flight, for only 3 days not useful.jap.gif