Bkk To Chiangmai - Best Way To Fly?

Debothai

I am referring to cost, service, safety, confort, punctuality...What are the factors to be considered? Noramlly I would go by Thai but their prices are a quite high compared to the low costers. Nok use very old planes but are good in service. I haven't tried Air Asia.

What are the factors to be considered?

Cost, service, safety, comfort, punctuality and your personal expectation. I regularly use Thai and find they perform better in all but cost. I also log air miles. Have tried others and their performance is acceptable. As kurnell said, the flight is so short it doesn't really matter. As you have a child, Air Asia allow passengers with children to board earlier than the crowd, so that may appeal to you.

No flights here to CM from Don Mueang for a while yet, everything is coming from swampy. Still only a hour, give or take a few min.

I've used all except thai as I cannot justify their high prices for such a short journey.

Bangkok Airways, as mentioned, are a good all round option. you can drop on good priced flights and you get the lounge option at both ends. Make sure they allow small children in the lounge before booking.

Air Asia, now over priced & never leave on time. Website designed to try and catch you out on add ons to hike the price little by little.

Nok Air, a good option. Service is good & they give you a snack and drink on board. Recently had a very scary flight with them & it's put me off a little to be honest.

Orient Thai, Generally my first choice to be honest. Usually on time. Service is good, cheapest of them all and they give you a snack & drink on board.

All in all, just see which one suits your needs best.

I usually use Air Asia or Bangkok Airways for that route, depending on which is cheaper. They both seem safe and comfortable. One "warning," though. I flew to Chiang Mai not long ago. I booked with Bangkok Airways, which was more expensive than Nok Air. It turns out that some of their planes were damaged at DM in the flooding, so the plane they substituted was a Nok Air airplane, with Nok Air employees, and gross Nok Air food. The plane felt about a million years old and seemed like it was going to fall apart. Not the "boutique airline" experience that Bangkok Airways promotes. I don't know if the plane substitution was listed on the website when I originally booked (which was after the flooding). If it was, I missed it.