Where To Do Volunteer Work?

Gone

I am asking people who know to maybe recommend some places to go and help out.

I know there is an orphanage on Sukhumvit Rd right?

I took care of my 80 year old dad here until he died at 84 and he had many problems such as: Bronchial COPD, Dementia, Depression etc. so I am well seasoned of the treatments and how to cope with all this etc. So old folks would be one idea if there is a place here?

I am 50 years old and I speak Thai fairly well which could help. I am in decent shape myself and still have energy for kids etc.

Any suggestions or direction is appreciated in advance.

PS; I would sooner help the under-privaleged or people who cannot help them selves rather then volunteering at a farm or places that just need help with labor etc.

Checkout:

PATTAYA REDEMPTORIST SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND

285/103 Pattaya-Naklua Road, Soi 16 Pattaya City

ChonBuri 20150 Thailand.

Tel.(038) 225479

http://www.rsmall.net/pc/blind.htm

I forgot to mention, you would do unpaid volunteer work and the volunteer work wouldn't get you a Visa or Work Permit. You won't need to worry about doing volunteer work at the school without a Work Permit, as the Director of the school (Auroa) has connections in the highest positions of Thai society. Those connections are where a good share of funding and support comes from.

Edited by BB1950

Checkout:

ChonBuri 20150 Thailand.

Tel.(038) 225479

I forgot to mention, you would do unpaid volunteer work and the volunteer work wouldn't get you a Visa or Work Permit. You won't need to worry about doing volunteer work at the school without a Work Permit, as the Director of the school (Auroa) has connections in the highest positions of Thai society. Those connections are where a good share of funding and support comes from.

Thanks but I'm not doing this for a visa or a work permit or money. I am NOT interested in teaching English what so ever lol. Before I go and talk to them I was hoping to get some basic info for instance what a volunteer could possibly do at an Institute for the Blind?

When I was looking around for a type of nursing home or so for my father (in the case we could not handle him medically wise etc) however there were none in Pattaya at that time. The only one that took farangs were in Bkk. There was one I seem to remember around North Pattaya on Sukhumvit?

I never knew about this "Father Ray". I will look into that thank you very much.

I will probably start out by just going to the orphanage and walking around (maybe with a guitar) and just socializing with the kids and trying to bring their spirits up. I do remember pulling in there one time thinking it might be a type of nursing home too and when I was walking around I seemed to attract groups of Thai kids laughing and following me around talking about my big nose until I surprised them by letting them know I understood what they were saying lol. Even that lifted their spirits AND mine.

Anyways, some good suggestions people thanks.

Checkout:

ChonBuri 20150 Thailand.

Tel.(038) 225479

Thanks but I'm not doing this for a visa or a work permit or money. I am NOT interested in teaching English what so ever lol. Before I go and talk to them I was hoping to get some basic info for instance what a volunteer could possibly do at an Institute for the Blind?

When I was looking around for a type of nursing home or so for my father (in the case we could not handle him medically wise etc) however there were none in Pattaya at that time. The only one that took farangs were in Bkk. There was one I seem to remember around North Pattaya on Sukhumvit?

I never knew about this "Father Ray". I will look into that thank you very much.

I will probably start out by just going to the orphanage and walking around (maybe with a guitar) and just socializing with the kids and trying to bring their spirits up. I do remember pulling in there one time thinking it might be a type of nursing home too and when I was walking around I seemed to attract groups of Thai kids laughing and following me around talking about my big nose until I surprised them by letting them know I understood what they were saying lol. Even that lifted their spirits AND mine.

Anyways, some good suggestions people thanks.

You wouldn't be teaching them English at the blind school. You would be doing things like helping on outings, swimming, playing games, joking with the kids, etc... Just helping them to feel good. Unfortuately the blind in Thai society are ignored.

There was an old folks home off Sukhumvit near the orphange, it was part or the Father Ray complex. The Thai government has initiated other projects for the old, so they stopped taking people. I think there's only a few residents remaining.

Edited by BB1950