Money From Uk To Thailand

salavan

hi has anyone had any experience transfering money from nationwide uk to bangkok bank thailand

i hear that you can transfere from nationwide to bangkok bank in london, and then the money is sent from bangkok bank in london to your bangkok bank in thailand

aTere should be noproblem sending money direct fom your nationwide bank direct to you bangkok bank acount here in Phuket there are a number of ways you can do this..

1. direct transfer from your uk bank,electronic or paper..

2. by your uk debit card using your card and your pasport at any bangkok bank exchange..this is my favourite. and you are only charged 150 bht transfer fee.

3 .bangkok bank have internet banking,you can sign up for that,and send money that way..

you can transfer money in uk pounds and change at at your conveniance whent gets in your bank account,this is a better way than changing it in the UK,and then sending Thai baht..

i have had a bangkok bank account for many years here in Phuket, and i have been more than pleasesd with there service..i hope this helps you good luck...smile.png

I used Nationwide a few years a go sent money to BKK bank got charged £20 fee then a week later got charged another £20. They told me that they had to pass the charge on to me as the had been charged by BKK bank.

I know use Smart Currency Exchange set up a/c send them a email get the current rate they email you a contract. Send them the money 2 days later it is in your BKK bank A/C £15 job done

aTere should be noproblem sending money direct fom your nationwide bank direct to you bangkok bank acount here in Phuket there are a number of ways you can do this..

2. by your uk debit card using your card and your pasport at any bangkok bank exchange..this is my favourite. and you are only charged 150 bht transfer fee.

3 .bangkok bank have internet banking,you can sign up for that,and send money that way..

you can transfer money in uk pounds and change at at your conveniance whent gets in your bank account,this is a better way than changing it in the UK,and then sending Thai baht..

i have had a bangkok bank account for many years here in Phuket, and i have been more than pleasesd with there service..i hope this helps you good luck...smile.png

Don't you need a work permit to use the internet banking. I tried last year and that is want BKK bank told me

Don't you need a work permit to use the internet banking. I tried last year and that is want BKK bank told me

. thats wrong,i have never had a work permit ,and i have internet banking with them..

BB constantly asks for work permits. I have no idea why. Go to Kasikorn bank. No problems, no wp, and you can get an internet only debit card usable mostly worldwide. Easy peasy. And they allow falangs to transfer money to overseas accounts.

BB has a lot to learn. Glad some users do not have problems with them, but MOST do.

• Like 1

BB constantly asks for work permits. I have no idea why. Go to Kasikorn bank. No problems, no wp, and you can get an internet only debit card usable mostly worldwide. Easy peasy. And they allow falangs to transfer money to overseas accounts.

BB has a lot to learn. Glad some users do not have problems with them, but MOST do.

..TIT.. depends on the staff,bank branch,etc,this can happen at any of the Banks,i have had a major problem with a branch of the Yellow bank.Auddyua but that was the bank manager,he does not like farlangs..

I saw this on Stickman this Sunday but as I have never used it I cannot recommend it and I do not know what they charge but they boast that it arrives in 20 minutes

http://thaibankonline.com/

The choice of whether you transfer to Bangkok Bank in London then Thailand or direct to Thailand is your choice but look at the charges incurred from a double transfer vs a single transfer from Bangkok Bank first. Maybe a Nationwide transfer to a bank in the UK is less than the 20 quid charged to Thailand.

In my experience the more bounces you do through SWIFT/CHAPS, like luggage on a long haul flight with different airlines the more chance of a cock-up.

I don't see how you can get around Nationwide's charges though as that is the orginating bank. Is it a set fee of 20 quid no matter the amount transferred? If so send a chunk over rather than x amount a month. If you are supporting someone in Thailand I suggest sending it to your Thai account and then use internet banking on your Thai bank to transfer the funds internally.

Personally I use Kasikorn Bank's internet banking for funds transfer internally but as I have no bank account in the UK anymore I haven't tried to transfer money to or from the UK.

When I opened the account no work permit was asked for, no hassle just needed my passport with a 1 year visa in it. They filled in a form for me, I deposited some money and walked out with an ATM/Debit card and a nice looking young lady who took me to the ATM to set up the internet side, pin code etc. The ATM/Debit card has worked in the UK, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Malaysia. I have also used the debit card in Lotus etc.

As someone said before always transfer sterling as sterling never as baht as the UK bank will use their selling rate and the Thai rate is always far better.