Making Solid Joints For Wood Projects

TheWalkingMan

I saw this as a paid advertising commercial from The States. It looks useful for creating strong joints for people doing woodwork. Lots of guys like working with their hands and maybe this would be a good tool to have. The only problem would be getting it to Thailand. If you have a friend coming in from The States he could bring it over for you. The price, in typical US fashion: $99.99 and it looks well worth the price.

It looks like snazzy work to me, but I have not picked up a power tool in 25+ years.

http://www.kregjoint.com/

Indeed ^^^, but they do require significant skill to make and don't really work in modern materials like MDF.

Pocket screws do have their place, they are very quick but they do rely on the the screw / material interface to give the joint all its strength.

I like to use wood dowels, far quicker and nearly as strong as a mortice joint once you've knocked up (or heaven forbid, bought) a drilling jig, add a pocket screw or two and you don't need to clamp whilst the glue sets. Could be the best of both worlds.

Crossy,

I also like dowelled joints, but cannot find anywhere in Chiang Mai to buy dowel thinner than a brush stale!

Anyone have any ideas where to buy wooden dowel in Chiang Mai?

May help

http://www.alibaba.c...od_dowels&qrw=1

PERFECT! Thank you so much for that wonderful link to that site. I'm spoilt for choice with that fantastic range of bulk order plastic dowels available to purchase directly from Chinese manufacturers.

Again, THANK YOU for your carefully considered suggestion.