Kindle Fire

geovalin

If you have a Kindle Fire, please give us your feed back:

- About the tool itself.

- About its use in Thailand.

As Kindle Fire is, normally, only for US market, is it possible to use it here? I mean order Kindle books on the Internet => stock in your PC? Directly in your Kindle?

Amazon knows that you are not in the US, is it a reason good enough to do not deliver your purchase?

What about the non-Amazon format? Kindle Fire is supposed to read them. True or not?

Of course, if my questions have been already answered, please give me the link. Thank you

Edited by geovalin

I Have the new Kindle Fire.

Ordered it in the US on last trip there.

It is a good reader, nice color, does wifi easily, download books from Amazon wirelessly.

That is where I stop with how good it is.

It cost more to download books over the FREE Wireless delivery system they offer.

So what is FREE about that. Paying $3 more at least for every book. They say they are paying taxes

on internet purchases overseas. BS. They fight tooth and nail with every state in the USA not to pay sales tax.

They have no agreement I've been able to find with Thailand about paying VAT on internet sales.

Amazon is BS in many ways.

The Cloud Storage 5 gb I think it was for USA customers.

Overseas customers, which you become when you are outside of USA are forbidden to use Cloud.

Movies dowloaded. only in USA

MP3 downloads only in USA

Apps only is USA

Kindle Fire has potential

I plan on 'rooting' (Google it) mine for more availability of downloads

Shipping to Thailand, not sure.

I havea USA address, had it reshipped here.

Doc50

I have a different Kindle (Keyboard) that is both wifi and 3G. I live in Thailand in a no 3G area, but have 2G (EDGE). When I first got the Kindle, I had downloaded a few books (both to my PC and by EDGE), then suddenly the downloads were blocked becasue I am in Thailand and there were "restrictions." I sent Amazon a nastygram saying I was "traveling" in Thailand, and what gives? I told them I bought the Kindle primarily for travel and that if I could not download books on the go, it was worthless. They immediately appologized for the inconvenience and unblocked it, and I have had no problem since. They have never assessed any tax or charged a fee for any download. I have ONLY downloaded books. A lot of vendors will not download movies and music to Thailand, don't know about Amazon.

It seems as if you are a "US resident who is traveling" that a lot of the non-resident restrictions may not apply. You have to consider all the cross licensing agreements with which Amazon is saddled.

I have found Amazon customer service to be very good. Try contacting them about any problem you have. Always claim to be a US resident that is long term traveling. Say you bought the Kindle for travel.

• 2 months later...

I have a LOT content already that I easily side-loaded from my PC via the provided cable or from email attachments.

With a US address (I doubt it was verified in any way) and a US Credit Card number (from a pre-paid card with no balance remaining but a 2015 expiration date) as well as an Amazon Gift card bought in the US, I am able to get as many apps as I like with no problem at all (loads of free ones as well as thsoe that cost a few dollars).

It does pretty much everything I need and does it well.

3G or otherwise more readily available online capability would be great as would a camera for Skype, but for me, this is a wonderful device. No doubt a Galaxy or Ipad is (far) superior -- but superior enough to shell out an additional 10,000? For some people, yes -- but not me.