Apple Profits Soar As iPhone And iPad Sales Skyrocket

webfact

Apple Profits Soar as iPhone and iPad Sales Skyrocket

glossy-apple.jpg

On Tuesday Apple held it’s hotly anticipated quarterly earnings conference, at which CEO Tim Cook and CFO Peter Oppenheimer revealed some quite stellar earnings and sales for figures for the current quarter, which was by far the best in the company’s history.

To say the results were great is an understatement: they blew all estimates...

Full story: http://www.nettechbl...ales-skyrocket/

-- nettechblog.com 2012-01-25

footer_n.gif

Apple has good products but they are ripping off the consumers with their extremely high prices. But as long as people are willing to pay through the nose for something worth half the price, mostly as a status symbolintheclub.gif , Apple will continue to get richer and the consumer poorer.

Apple has good products but they are ripping off the consumers with their extremely high prices.

I think it's funny anyone would think that you can create the most successful consumer products company by "ripping off customers". Really?

Not to mention the highest customer satisfaction ratings... apparently people loving being "ripped off" like this. They can't get enough of it either, given the iPhone has the highest retention rate in the mobile industry...

What does a good (insert you brand here) notebook or desktop with a great display that comes with most all the software you need to keep the family happy cost? Half as much? I think not.

Answer: The same as a Mac. If you were to seriously dive into it then you would see that Macs always start out competitive, but then have pretty long product cycles whereas the other manufacturers ship new models on a weekly basis, so the others out-spec the Macs increasingly until Apple introduces the next model a year later. Differences are still around $100 - 200. There's no magic bullet and while Apple has easily the highest margins in the industry, they also have the best supply chain management and processes which allow them to product cheaper. Producing the same model for a long period of time also gives them an edge.

What does a Galaxy Nexus cost? Oh, the same as an iPhone 4S.

What does Galaxy 10 tablet cost (if you can get it)? Oh - same as an iPad. Or more...

Where's the ultra book that costs less than a MacBook Air (with the same size SSD)? Oh - no can do.

• Like 2

Apple has good products but they are ripping off the consumers with their extremely high prices. But as long as people are willing to pay through the nose for something worth half the price, mostly as a status symbol , Apple will continue to get richer and the consumer poorer.

My mom bought some 200 USD tablet from the US, that runs on Android, it was a joke.

The hardware was obviously not suitable for the operating system, and 90% of the applications including the browser were

unusable unless you wanted to wanted to wait 10 minutes to complete a 30 second task.

I handed it back and told her I wouldn't pay a dollar for it.

These are the ripoffs.

Definitely an impressive quarter, I am an extremely happy shareholder.

It sounds like they may pay a dividend later this year.

Unless there is some sort of mass suicide at FoxConn the upside here is huge; some are talking $600 in 12 months. My cost basis, adjusted for two 2:1 splits is ~ $3/share. :)