Computer Spring Clean

iloveny

Only concern is if you end up with a pirate copy of windows? You can always go to "re-install" vista? This will reformat the disk, wipe all files off and install again. You will be right back to a hard drive with only vista on it, all other programs will be gone.

Hi!

I agree about KVC-and if you want it,I hve a frend working there-he use to come to my place when I need it,and fix thing for me-and I just pay him what I think it is worth-1-300.

He also gave me some free stuff he had-he gave me windows 7 for free,whit key and eveything.

Give me a PM if you want to contact him.

I run into the same problem-took my stuff down on cd,s ad bough one Terabite- got win 7,and now it is running great-oh yes I went from a phone connection to wireless 6 GB.

But before you do enythig,try this one,which have helped me some times.

http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

Edited by brianmarinus

iloveny,

If your notebook is still factory original, there is likely a small hidden recovery partition already on your hard drive. And, if so, it could be used to restore your notebook back to the original configuration. Same, as when you bought it. And, no problem with validation. And, not hard to do.

Do you have a manual or recovery disk from your original pack?

Cheers

Some companies like HP do have a partion to do a come from factory condition. Includes desktops. Easy way of checking on bootup, keep tapping on a F key, HP is usually F11, and you will come up to a screen with different options and one is to completely reinstall windows. However, any important files/programs you have on now not included in the factory installion will not be saved and should be backed up if you want to keep them. Process takes about 25-20 minutes. Then do your window updates, drivers from the computer's website, and you got a clean install. F2, F5, F8, F11 are usually used for action to do prior to boot up. Also when you you install again, 1st thing you should do is create back up disks and a repair disk from the control panel/system maintence/back up computer and then can be used to reinstall windows should the hard drive fails and no access to the recovery partition.

KVC shop off the backside of Chiang Rai Hospital (San Khong Luang Rd.). Great service. Much cheaper than Technocom.

I agree with KVC. This might help speed things up a tad until you get time to have it looked at properly.

http://download.cnet...4-10508531.html

Glary Utilities

Nice little program.

I have used it and it did a good job.

Even managed to find a serial no to upgrade to the Pro Version. biggrin.png

Edited by Lizard2010