Bad Place To Go

brucegoniners

Hey guys,

I had a very bad experience at *removed* Salon near the Phrom Phong BTS last week.

I'm convinced that despite their location that they hate foreigners.

I never really liked the attitude of the manager, who turned out to be the owner, I started out getting my hair cut there, but the young kid did a decent enough job, so I kept going there for many months. I also started getting massages.

But I started to be bothered by the kid's attitude as well after a while. One day I went in there and he was working on someone else. Instead of giving me any kind of greeting, he made a rude gesture toward a chair. I guess that meant to sit down and wait. And it wasn't a language barrier either, he spoke very good English.

So I sat down. Then I asked how long it would be. He said about 30 minutes. I said ok and waited. So he finished with the lady he was working on and I got up and expected to get my hair cut. But he said, "I have to do the boy". I said "how long will that take" and he said "30 minutes". I had enough at that point and walked out. It was driving rain at that point, but I didn't care. I was pissed. I didn't like his attitude or the manager's attitude and I was ready to go to a new place. They didn't care how much of my time that they wasted and they weren't getting my money anymore.

But I decided to come back, only because I liked the job the girl did on the massages. I figured that she shouldn't have to pay for the other's lameness. So I went back a few times, but the manager was more rude then ever. The girl that did my massages let me know that the kid who cut my hair was the owners' son. Made a lot of sense now.

I went in one day last week and I told the manager I wanted a massage. She was a total beeatch to me so I asked her "what's your problem lady?". She got all up in arms and started yelling at me. Then her dinky little husband came out and started yelling at me. I told him I didn't like her attitude and that I was a good customer and the asshol_e told me not to come back.

By the way, when you're getting a haircut or a massage their dogs are making lots of noise and the husband smokes in the back, making the whole place stink.

*removed* With all of the beautiful people in this town there is no need to give money to jerks.

Edited by cdnvic
Removed name to comply with libel laws

No vendors will hate foreigners and Ulysses is correct, they just don't like you. Just because you are not happy with certain thing and whining up here......who will believe? Thanks for recommending this place, I will visit them this weekend and at the same time talk about this incident posted in here!!! :))

"Hate foreigners" ? Maybe they just don't like you. huh.png

I've had similar experiences at hairdressers here. Seems like many of them just hate cutting my hair...? Maybe because it's thicker than normal Thai hair, i notice that always want to use those thinning scissors to crop half your hair off at the root before they even start.

I used to go to my local hairdresser up the street every few months. The women who works/owns it always has a face like a smacked-ass when I go in there, but she does a half decent job so I kept going in there. I don't know what her problem is, I never say much, just politely ask for a hair cut in Thai, then explain the hair cut style in Thai (always the same style). She'd then makes a face like she just sucked a lemon and begins cutting, and all the way through the cut she'd be make "annoyed" grunts and sighs. I always left a 20-30% tip on top of the normal price.

Finally one day I went in there (no other customers) and she makes her smacked ass face and says the electric shaver is broken (I've seen that she has 3 or 4), no haircut... i figured that was the not-so-subtle hint not to come there any more.

Went out and bought my own shaver and never looked back.

Last time I had a haircut in Bangkok, I asked the lady for a shave as well, and it was the most unpleasant, roughest, scratchiest shave I've ever had to suffer with an open razor. The lady was continuously commentating to her colleagues about farang (whether in general, or specifically me, or the detail of the commentary, I don't know, as my Thai is virtually nil - not that I was particularly interested anyway, and it was probably polite not to understand). Unfortunately, I can't remember which of the half dozen or so hairdressers around that junction it was, so I will probably go back some time. I'll not ask for a shave, though.

I suppose the highlight of the evening was the eclipse of the moon, but I'm not planning another of those for a while, either.

SC

At least you leave 20-30 % tips. I have seen "miser" Farang couple having a foot massage, after done the husband give a green 20 Bht note to the mes suer and said, split it!!!!!!

<deleted>!!!!!

I've had similar experiences at hairdressers here. Seems like many of them just hate cutting my hair...? Maybe because it's thicker than normal Thai hair, i notice that always want to use those thinning scissors to crop half your hair off at the root before they even start.

I used to go to my local hairdresser up the street every few months. The women who works/owns it always has a face like a smacked-ass when I go in there, but she does a half decent job so I kept going in there. I don't know what her problem is, I never say much, just politely ask for a hair cut in Thai, then explain the hair cut style in Thai (always the same style). She'd then makes a face like she just sucked a lemon and begins cutting, and all the way through the cut she'd be make "annoyed" grunts and sighs. I always left a 20-30% tip on top of the normal price.

Finally one day I went in there (no other customers) and she makes her smacked ass face and says the electric shaver is broken (I've seen that she has 3 or 4), no haircut... i figured that was the not-so-subtle hint not to come there any more.

Went out and bought my own shaver and never looked back.

Edited by veryruay

Lets be honest Thai service in general is <deleted>, sure they'll kiss your ass when buying then give you a 2 finegred salute when it all goes tits up.

Excuse my French

"The views expressed in this answer are my own personal experiences and open to interpretation"

It must be something about Thai hairdressers. I had a couple of bad experiences, but just voted with my feet and never went back. Now found a cracking place, haircut, shave if I want it and a bit of a massage all for 60 Baht. Plus tipbiggrin.png

My missus does mine. Well trained and familial.

She receives her tip later....wink.png