Public Displays Of Affection In Thailand

britmaveric

Holding hands, light kiss on the cheek or lips.

All of these displays of affection are *generally* seen as ok for farang since Thais are familiar with them from American movies.

Deep tongue kissing doesnt belong in public IMO. You can do whatever you want when you have privacy (and with any luck, you do :o) but don't snog in other people's faces... I am sure some of you disagree and that there are cultural differences at play here as well, but personally I think it is part of showing consideration to others.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unlike what other girls have said about their thai men mine will hold hands & kiss on the lips in public but neither of us are particually demonstrative anyway so I wouldn't feel comfortable with anything more than peck on the lips in public anyway. At his mums is a different story but she does let us sleep in the same bed together  (in the same room as everyone else so no nookie) :o

Boo, my husband will hold my hand and give me a peck on the cheek in the US, but here? No way. Of course, it might have something to do with the fact that everybody knows everybody else and everybody knows everybody else's business. I can just hear it now "Oooh, look, they are kissing!" It would be all over the island in a matter of hours :D

I would usually say, and indeed voted for, kissing on the lips. However, depending on how much i've had to drink when i'm out, i could probably stretch to cover pretty much everything on the list, and i'm fairly sure i have at some point or other. What i deem appropriate would certainly change depending on where i was and who i was with.

And I believe the Americans are more familiar with 'French kissing' as opposed to 'snogging' ?

I believe it's called FREEDOM kissing now... . :D

Long snog - but I guess that was in a club.

Having voted I now think I wouldn't do that in public around a shopping centre or on the street...there's a time and a place...

Near a fruit stall zazzer....??? Long time no chat buddy.

:o

When I was in the UK I've never been one for holding hands to be honest. Sometimes I'll just take a quick hold of the arm so my guy knows I'm there! :o

Usually some light kissing, depending on where I am at the time it will turn into heavier kissing and petting like in cinemas that kind of thing.

When I was in the UK I've never been one for holding hands to be honest. Sometimes I'll just take a quick hold of the arm so my guy knows I'm there!  :D

Usually some light kissing, depending on where I am at the time it will turn into heavier kissing and petting like in cinemas that kind of thing.

No lads in Thailand have captured Icey's heart yet? :o

When I was in the UK I've never been one for holding hands to be honest. Sometimes I'll just take a quick hold of the arm so my guy knows I'm there!  :D

No lads in Thailand have captured Icey's heart yet? :o

Nopes. None of these farang Pattaya guys have attracted me. But in Bangkok there are some real hotties! :D

Maddy you cheeky mofo! I'm sure you are the type to use a crisp packet as a condom you chav :D

Maddy you cheeky mofo! I'm sure you are the type to use a crisp packet as a condom you chav  :D

Family sized packets of course. Thats for when I dont just wrap it in cling film. :o

Maddy, is there a difference in smell, betwen the cheese and onion, and your er... ding dong...

Maddy you cheeky mofo! I'm sure you are the type to use a crisp packet as a condom you chav  :D

Family sized packets of course. Thats for when I dont just wrap it in cling film. :o

Maddy, is there a difference in smell, betwen the cheese and onion, and your er... ding dong...

:D:D

Prawn Crisps??? :D

No matter how many times you PM me Kayo, you'll never find out. :D

Unless we're talking a free return flight to Central America and a free bar of course . :D

Edited by bkkmadness

Its that same old fantasy for you everytime aint it Brit. :D

I can just imagine you taking a packet of skips to bed with your gf on one of those long romantic nights. :D

No matter how many times you PM me Kayo, you'll never find out. :D

Unless we're talking a free return flight to Central America and a free bar of course . :D

:D:D:D Free VIP pass to the Harem???

Pay your own flight though.

Its that same old fantasy for you everytime aint it Brit. :D

I can just imagine you taking a packet of skips to bed with your gf on one of those long romantic nights. :D

He think he skips taking the gf to bed and just takes the crisps....Kung flavoured... of course

For me, a quick kiss on the lips is it - in any country. It makes me want to puke when I see people snogging in public - especially in the street, they should be arrested! Nightclub is a bit more exceptable (ive probably done it myself a few times drunkenly!)

The other day I was driving my bike through Lamai and saw a fat old farrang guy sat in one of the dodgy bars snogging with this poor tiny Thai girl who looked like she had no controll over the situation. It was disgusting, not so much for me, but for all the normal Thais who were driving past and had to whitness this :o:D

For me, a quick kiss on the lips is it - in any country.  It makes me want to puke when I see people snogging in public - especially in the street, they should be arrested!  Nightclub is a bit more exceptable (ive probably done it myself a few times drunkenly!)

The other day I was driving my bike through Lamai and saw a fat old farrang guy sat in one of the dodgy bars snogging with this poor tiny Thai girl who looked like she had no controll over the situation.  It was disgusting, not so much for me, but for all the normal Thais who were driving past and had to whitness this  :D  :D

Arrested that is bit much, not a muslim country yet. :o Your scenario is oddly entertaining ie old farang in dodgey bar. To be honest I'd be less impressed in normal areas - expect as much in dodgey areas. :D