Deputy PM Chalerm Completes Own Version Of Reconciliation Bill

webfact

To pen the draft version of an article/proposal does not automatically exclude advice and input from others and render the result a personal plan

We are talking about Chalerm here. I take it you have a clue who he is; an idea about his nature?

As you wish, so when this draft finally appears I guess you guys will accept that there was no input from anybody promoting a little self interest...biggrin.png ..

To pen the draft version of an article/proposal does not automatically exclude advice and input from others and render the result a personal plan

We are talking about Chalerm here. I take it you have a clue who he is; an idea about his nature?

As you wish, so when this draft finally appears I guess you guys will accept that there was no input from anybody promoting a little self interest...biggrin.png ..

The logic of the last sentence escapes me. If this draft appears we still need to read it to form an opinion. Still this draft is unlikely to appear as Dept. PM Chalerm still want to discuss things in it with some fellow Pheu Thai members, probably some selected on suitability as for the recent cabinet changes rolleyes.gif

The logic of the last sentence escapes me. If this draft appears we still need to read it to form an opinion. Still this draft is unlikely to appear as Dept. PM Chalerm still want to discuss things in it with some fellow Pheu Thai members, probably some selected on suitability as for the recent cabinet changes rolleyes.gif

The logic is simple Rubl there are people here on the board who are prepared, indeed insist, this draft is all the personal work of Chalerm for reconcilliation, they appear to think he alone has constructed this draft......let us say the draft goes through without alteration........the usual bleat of interference from abroad would then be redundant.......yes?

Edited by 473geo

It might have been a dictation from mr T and the discussion with PTP cabinet would be a one way conversation.

Edited by wxyz

It might have been a dictation from mr T and the discussion with PTP cabinet would be a one way conversation.

Nope, according to TVisa knowledgable and expert political commentators Whybother and Rixalex it is all his own work....

The logic is simple Rubl there are people here on the board who are prepared, indeed insist, this draft is all the personal work of Chalerm for reconcilliation, they appear to think he alone has constructed this draft......let us say the draft goes through without alteration........the usual bleat of interference from abroad would then be redundant.......yes?

The OP states

Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain Chalerm Yoobamrung said he has completed drafting a national reconciliation bill.

He added he prepared the draft bill by himself and no one has seen its content yet.

The rest is speculation

Edited by rubl

Rubl, I recall you once came into a thread at post 175 and apologised for not reading the whole thread, then proceeded to post a comment that had been addressed at least twice already

Do me a favour and go back and read the thread....there's a good chap....

Edited by 473geo

Rubl, I recall you once came into a thread at post 175 and apologised for not reading the whole thread, then proceeded to post a comment that had been addressed at least twice already

Do me a favour and go back and read the thread....there's a good chap....

Even though it raining here in Bangkok I'm still not in the mood for speculation at nauseam. You may continue if you have nothing better to do. Have fun

He noted that to achieve true national reconciliation, any incidents and outcomes after September 18, 2006, or the military coup and its after effects, must be voided.

So Thaksin will still be held accountable for his actions before the coup? He'll still stand trial for all the outstanding cases against him?

Or do they still plan to pin the deaths from the 2010 crackdown on Abhisit, then use that as a bargaining tool to 'balance' the scales of justice?

• Like 1

But this does:

He added he prepared the draft bill by himself and no one has seen its content yet.

Nope it means he prepared it...and nobody has seen it............,,no indication at all that he has not adopted, utilised, included advice and ideas from other sources

A litle over pedantic, but no surprise that you protect him regardless of his background and history, etc.

What are his qualifications for actually drafting a law?

Also, if Thaksin is to get off for a criminal act, as the constitution states that "all Thais are equal,:anyone convicted of a criminal act after the coup must get off too.

But most of Thaksins alleged crimes are from BEFORE the coup...

So he wants then expunged completely.

• 3 weeks later...

chalerm_F_U_finger.jpg

Deputy PM Explains Charter Change Campaign to House

A deputy premier maintains the push to amend the current charter is not aimed to absolve former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra of his crimes. Speaking during the parliamentary meeting today, Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobumrung clarified to the House the meaning of the speech he made during his visit to Udon Thani Province.

Chalerm had vowed to bring self-exiled former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra home to Thailand.

The deputy premier said he'll pave the way for the return of Thaksin via the reconciliation bill he himself is drafting. He denied any links between the return of the former premier to the current push to amend the 2007 Constitution.

The deputy premier said the reconciliation bill will contain 6 articles.

The details of the bill are being kept under wraps by the Deputy PM, who said they'll be revealed when the time is right.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-02-23

footer_n.gif

Chalerm insisted charter amendment not for Thaksin's return

BANGKOK, 23 February 2012 (NNT)-Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain Chalerm Yubumrung indicated that the charter amendment had nothing to do with the attempt to bring former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra back to Thailand.

The Police Captain has insisted that the charter amendment proposal is intended to improve the reconciliation bill, and by no means is to facilitate the return of Police Lieutenant-Colonel Thaksin Shinawatra.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-02-23 footer_n.gif