What Is The Sneaky Way From Tollway To Soi 4

Daewoo

The hotel I use is on Sukhumvit Soi 4, a little way down. Getting there from Soi 3 is a nightmare at night when my flight gets in.

Once a taxi took me a sneaky way where he went over Th Sukhumvit on the tollway, then did a U turn through the barrier, and back up what I assume is Th Duang Phithak, cut through to Soi 2, and then through (I think the Raja) Hotel Carpark...

It was by far the fastest and easiest route, but I am fuzzy on the details...

I don't think he went as far as the turnback at the Tobacco Company...

Any ideas??? Specifics like how far past Sukhumvit the U-turn is??? What carparks, laneways to use???

I have a good Thai/English speaker to explain to the driver if I know where I am going...

Regards,

Daewoo

The U turn off the expressway is just before you reach the Tobacco Monopoly property. (You will see the overhead footbridge)

Go up the Rd. toward Sukhumvit and turn right into the rear of Ploenchit Center.

Turn right on Soi 2.

Turn left at Raja. Pay 20 Bt to the guard.

There you are at Soi 4.

The best way is to exit at Sukhumvit outbound, left on Soi 1, go through Bumrungrad, Soi 3 to Soi 4. Easy peasy.

Otherwise follow signs for South Ploenchit, exit left U-turn onto Duang Phitak (northbound towards Sukhumvit), turn right at Majestic Grande, before Ploenchit Center, wind around to Soi 2, skoot across/through the Rajah parking lot (20 baht), turn left or right on to Soi 4.

The U turn off the expressway is just before you reach the Tobacco Monopoly property. (You will see the overhead footbridge)

Go up the Rd. toward Sukhumvit and turn right into the rear of Ploenchit Center.

Turn right on Soi 2.

Turn left at Raja. Pay 20 Bt to the guard.

There you are at Soi 4.

You have to hope the guard that day is a willing participant. Cash usually works but I've been refused a couple of times over the years.

Saves 10-15 mins of your life.

Sounds like the one... I thought that the U-Turn was just after the overpass, not all the way to the Tobacco Monopoly...

Thanks Smokie, Lomatopo, and PaulJones...

The usual route via Soi 1 and 3 is a pain in the arse because the traffic just stops outside NEP, and you can be sitting on Soi 3 for ages... not good when it is midnight, you've been flying for 10 hours, and are dam_n thirsty...