Sunday Ride To Khon Kaen On Kawasaki Versys ‚¬^_^

BigBikeBKK

What a beautiful day for a ride. I'm delivering a Versys for a friend who's out of the country. Left the big smoke at "O-Dark-Hundred" and have been making excellent time. Already passed Korat and it's only 0930... Maybe I'll stop in Pi Mai to chill at the old temple ruins.

Happy Trails!

Tony :)

post-56035-132840996977_thumb.jpg

post-56035-132841000679_thumb.jpg

post-56035-132841004774_thumb.jpg

Nope, not my bike, same color and tires though!

A friend who is away for work bought it sight unseen from a seller in Bangkok and I offered to ride it to his home in Khon Kaen and he's flying me back to Bangkok tomorrow.

Any excuse to get out and ride! ^_^

You are a brave man. I would be nervous about riding any used motorcycle (or car for that matter) that you don't know where it's been for such a long distance.

Well, it's a Versys so its quite new and with less than 10k km on the clock and I know the seller and gave the bike a good once over and it's in excellent condition.

Installed an Arrow exhaust for my friend- the bike sounds and runs great!

post-56035-132842420858_thumb.jpg

Got done for speeding just past Korat. The damage? 400 Baht or about $14! Gotta LOVE Thailand!

They got you to stop? huh.png

Went through two of them on the same route a few months back, pull out a little bit and speed up. wai.gif

This wasn't a couple coppers by the side of the road waving their ticket books- it was a proper road block where they had the highway narrowed down to one lane and had a dozen or so coppers who were stopping and checking every vehicle. The only way to run that kind of checkpoint is to cross the median and proceed against traffic or u-turn and find a way around. No big deal. 400 Baht is a small price to pay for riding as fast as you like :)

Bike was successfully delivered and I enjoyed a fun night in Khon Kaen with Chang Noi and Marcusb and we're looking forward to our next tour!

Happy Trails!

Tony