Bkk Police In Attendence At Bar Closures.

pattayadingo

As part of an ongoing clampdown over the last couple of months on the bars situated on the road outside Nirun condo complex off Pattaya Klang near 7/11 the police have been making raids to close the bars. The Wombat bar at the Shagwell hotel has also been targeted. They were told to turn the music off at midnight, with the police in attendance every night at one point.

Last week the police moved in on the bars near Nirun Condo complex / 7/11 shop near soi Arunothai 7 and closed them. The customers were ordered out immediately, not allowed to finish their beers or even given time to pay their bills. This was around about 12-45 a.m.

This week on Wednesday 1st Feb van loads of BKK police raided the bars and closed them. No hassle, no argument. Get out now. Next night the Wombat (Outback?) bar at the Shagwell hotel was told to turn their music off again after having music on too late.

Yes, it is classed as a residential area and the bars should not be playing music so late. What surprised me is the fact the police used were BKK police, according to the manageress of one bar. Are the local police not trusted?

I have to admit one or two of the small bars started pumping out really loud music. So loud we had to change bars. I can well imagine some people have been complaining to the police when you can hear that music 2 or three streets away.

Bangkok has a special forces police team along side of the "Music/Copyright" police that travels all across Thailand to enforce these laws.

As far as "Can the Pattaya police be trusted"........I trust one person in Thailand.