I Met Ananda Everingham Last Night !

healthcaretaker

After a film show, he walks into the hall for the Q&A session. Being the one seated right at the entrance, I try to snap a photo him. As soon as he see me with my camera, he "wai" directly at me. At that moment I have already clicked.

Is his "wai" a gesture of greeting or a signal for me to stop ?

Have I been rude to take his picture without prior permission ?

In stark contrast to your closet full of oscars.

So I need to have an Oscar to comment on an actor? In the same way that I'd need a Ballon D'Or to have an opinion on a footballer or a Michelin star to question the quality of food in a restaurant?

I think that the Ananda / Orlando comparison is fair as they're both average actors at best who've got where they are largely because of their looks.

I'm trying to think of a decent performace Orlando Bloom's given . . . . . . .

<deleted> is going on here??? I've never quite understood why some folk are so obsessed with 'famous' people. Why take a picture of a person because he has appeared on a television? What do people do with these pictures? Did this 'famous' chap wai because he was greeting a mainly Thai audience by any chance?

Whilst I'm having a rant about people photographing people/things. I was in a recently opened shopping mall on Sukhumvit 21 recently and witnessed hundreds of people (farang included) taking pictures of the shopping mallcrazy.gif

• Like 1

<deleted> is going on here??? I've never quite understood why some folk are so obsessed with 'famous' people. Why take a picture of a person because he has appeared on a television? What do people do with these pictures? Did this 'famous' chap wai because he was greeting a mainly Thai audience by any chance?

Whilst I'm having a rant about people photographing people/things. I was in a recently opened shopping mall on Sukhumvit 21 recently and witnessed hundreds of people (farang included) taking pictures of the shopping mallcrazy.gif

Don't simply comment or insult anyone if you don't know the person. Ananda appeared in the silver screen and he is an international movie actor, not local or the television.

Next time remind him he is in a public place and therefore he is fair game for all photographers and he can "wai" all he likes, well in oz, thats the privacy law. What the F--- does wai mean?????????

Next time remind him he is in a public place and therefore he is fair game for all photographers and he can "wai" all he likes, well in oz, thats the privacy law. What the F--- does wai mean?????????

You live in Thailand and you don't know what 'wai' means? jap.gif

It's a thai greeting derived from the UK geordie 'wai aye'clap2.gif

• Like 2

It's a thai greeting derived from the UK geordie 'wai aye'clap2.gif

Sorry about the bad joke but seriously Everingham does'nt sound a very Thai name to me, is it a stage name or is he 'of mixed blood'?

Don't simply comment or insult anyone if you don't know the person. Ananda appeared in the silver screen and he is an international movie actor, not local or the television.

No he's not. Even if he was an international movie actor, why take a picture of him?wacko.png