2012 Cbr 1000 Rr

SumetCycle

I recently put in a pre-order for the new CBR 1000RR. It has a 799,999 baht on the road price, comes with a 2 year warranty, and can be serviced at Honda's Big Wing Center.

AP Honda is offering financing through Krungsri and Ratchatanee Leasing. They were both offering 3.75% percent interest per year at The Bangkok Motorbike Festival. However, I think this was a promotional rate.

Here are Motorcycle USA's first look and first ride reports. Keep in mind that this version has 150 hp, while the one available here has Japanese specs and is restricted to 120 hp.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/625/11139/Motorcycle-Article/2012-Honda-CBR1000RR-First-Look.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/115/11800/Motorcycle-Article/2012-Honda-CBR1000RR-First-Ride.aspx

post-121278-0-94126900-1328597755_thumb.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am kind of disappointed with the "new" cbr1000rr. It actually is pretty much the same bike (with different front fairing and headlight) as the 2008 model. 150 hp? That's the other thing. My 2006 CBR1000rr made 150 hp when motorcycle USA (the same website you posted about) tested it in 2005: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/115/819/Motorcycle-Article/2006-Honda-CBR1000RR-First-Ride.aspx

I like the looks of the previous generation of bikes much better, not just on the Honda, but all of them.

What were the details on the 700 they had there, it was very appealing.

50HP and the same price as a new Er-6n, a CBR250 and a PCX together.

But this thread is about the lovely CBR1000RR in fairness. A lovely bike, and great to have an official, trained Honda service center.

The 2012 CBR1000 seems to have quite a few more changes than a new headlight and fairing but, at 680K from Red Baron, a 2012 ZX10 would tempt me away if I was buying. But I'm not so it's Brian's choice and I'm sure he'll be grinning like a cheshire cat when it arrives!

• Like 2

I am kind of disappointed with the "new" cbr1000rr. It actually is pretty much the same bike (with different front fairing and headlight) as the 2008 model. 150 hp? That's the other thing. My 2006 CBR1000rr made 150 hp when motorcycle USA (the same website you posted about) tested it in 2005: http://www.motorcycl...First-Ride.aspx

I like the looks of the previous generation of bikes much better, not just on the Honda, but all of them.

The Showa big piston front forks and the balance free rear shocks were a nice addition. While it doesn't have traction control, with the balance free system, it is not needed.

I agree that previous generations of bikes, for the most part were more powerful.

I really like the new CBR1000RR but I kind of agree that it's a lot to pay for a bike that puts out about the same hp as a 600 but weighs more. If 120hp is enough then why not get the cheaper and lighter 600? If you de-restrict it then I'm pretty sure you'll end up paying about 100k more and lose the warranty.

Anyway, not wishing to be negative just giving my thoughts. 120hp will still be a lot of fun and it's a lovely looking bike IMO.

Can the Honda one be chipped up to USA spec or does it involve more like exhaust changes etc.

I've been told it can be brought up to U.S. specs. I'm not sure exactly what is involved. Newf knows how to do it though. I'm sure he can provide more info.

I really like the new CBR1000RR but I kind of agree that it's a lot to pay for a bike that puts out about the same hp as a 600 but weighs more. If 120hp is enough then why not get the cheaper and lighter 600? If you de-restrict it then I'm pretty sure you'll end up paying about 100k more and lose the warranty.

Anyway, not wishing to be negative just giving my thoughts. 120hp will still be a lot of fun and it's a lovely looking bike IMO.

The CBR 1000 is already one of the lightest bikes in the class at 212 kg. If Honda had released a 600, I would have gotten it. However, when I saw the 1000 at the show, I couldn't resist. Just curious, but what 600 cc bikes available in Thailand put out 120hp?

Congrats on the new bike. Understand you don't want full power and are happy to pay a premium for the warranty.

Personally I'd jump on one of the squeaky clean US Spec '08 CBR1000RR's sitting at Red Baron for only 470 and 480k Baht respectively-

110924-0000567.jpg

111103-0000578.jpg

The Big Piston forks and new rear suspension on the 2012 model CBR1000RR are nice upgrades, but other than that, there is not much changed from the '08...

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Beautiful bike, I'm envious! Interesting to know how much Red Baron quote for a full spec USA bike.

About 100,000 bht cheaper apparently

I don't think that is the on the road price. You would still have to pay for emission testing, green book, and plate.

Congrats on the new bike. Understand you don't want full power and are happy to pay a premium for the warranty.

Personally I'd jump on one of the squeaky clean US Spec '08 CBR1000RR's sitting at Red Baron for only 470 and 480k Baht respectively-

110924-0000567.jpg

111103-0000578.jpg

The 2012 model CBR1000RR is not much changed from the '08...

Thanks, those are very nice looking bikes with great prices. I just prefer to buy my vehicles new.

Yeah, good point... If I wanted 600cc power I'd take a serious look at the new 2011 model GSXR600 that Red Baron is selling for 558k Baht-

110829-0000562.jpg

110924-0000567.jpg

111103-0000578.jpg

The 2012 model CBR1000RR is not much changed from the '08...

Thanks, those are very nice looking bikes with great prices. I just prefer to buy my vehicles new.

Certainly nothing wrong with that- congratulations again on your new bike! When do you expect delivery?

The CBR 1000 is already one of the lightest bikes in the class at 212 kg. If Honda had released a 600, I would have gotten it. However, when I saw the 1000 at the show, I couldn't resist. Just curious, but what 600 cc bikes available in Thailand put out 120hp?

Fair enough, if you saw it and loved it then that's great and I hope you enjoy it.

The 2011 GSXR600 puts out 123hp at the crank I believe, weighs about 187 wet. RedBaron have one for 558,000 asking price. Not sure if the 120hp Jap spec CBR1000 figure is crank or rear wheel though so it might still be more a bit powerful although obviously it's heavier as well.

You know just wanted to say sorry if it sounded like I was coming down on your bike. I mean it is your time, since you just got a new toy. so congrats. Perhaps you should change the avatar from the Honda PCX.

No problem, I didn't feel that way at all. As this my first liter bike (bought on a whim), I value all responses and opinions given. Also, you are right about the PCX avatar. It is looking a bit stale.

I heard Red Baron will be bringing all the Jap fours newest models in March, 2012 ZX10R, CBR1000RR, GXSR 1000 & POS R1.

Congrats to the OP on the CBR1000RR. Prolly one of the better track ready bikes straight out of the box.

IMO the 08 CBR1000RR is the best track ready bike on the market.

As for the street, they all will do. As you can't really use them for their real intended purpose. :)

About 100,000 bht cheaper apparently

I don't think that is the on the road price. You would still have to pay for emission testing, green book, and plate.

Then comes the issue of parts as well, maybe for this model they are importing it might be ok, but I was looking at a Honda that was Very cheap and the only thing against it was not dealer parts supply in Thailand, everything had to come from OS.

In Australia the govt legislated that any model vehicle that is imported/manufactured by the maker a grey import would not be allowed in the country, to protect the makers investment, dealers/makers here may simply refuse to supply parts for grey imports where they can.

Generally I know a lot of the guys here don't mind but I'd not want to deal with the older import bikes, getting parts, warranty, etc are all going to be a hassle. Noooooo thank you.

Better jump on a brand new bike with dealer support.... If I'd get my first 1000 cc bike I'd maybe not mind if it "only" had 120hp. But then I am a newb ;)

Congrats on that beauty :)

^ Puts me right off buying an older CBR400 etc.

Great cheap bike if you have decent contacts, but if you don't...

Don't suppose you can get Honda Big Wing to start selling 20 year old inline-4s with service and parts on hand, Brian.

Sure, we'll call it The Old Wing Center.