Conjunctivitis (Aka "Pink Eye") Outbreak?

KayCee

My kids tell me that there has been a lot of conjunctivitis lately in their school, and since my teenager woke up with itchy eyes that might be allergy/pollution related, or might be the beginning of something else, I thought as a newbie to CM, I'd ask for some feedback.

Are people hearing about a lot of "pink eye" these days? And if so is this a pretty common thing once the air quality starts tanking? I wonder because if it's due to particulates in the air, it may be more likely to be bacterial rather than viral, and need medication to clear up? Do pharmacies give out antibiotic eye cream, or would a visit to Chiang Mai Ram be in order if it does start looking like conjunctivitis?

thanks so much for any advice/info

my kid had it about 10 days ago... she goes to CMIS. School nurse was not reporting an "outbreak" at that time, but they had sent out a notice about it and the treatment options. Now that you mention it, maybe she does get it every year around this time.

at any rate, local pharmacy always has appropriate eyedrops (with antibiotic), dose for 24 hrs, then she went back to school with nurses blessing. All gone after 2 or 3 days of continued eye drops.