Hydraulic Cement

Guderian

My fish pond has developed a couple of cracks. Rather than have it completely rebuilt, I have read that you can use something called hydraulic cement, also called leak-stop or quick-set cement, to patch the cracks. This sounds a lot easier and cheaper than rebuilding the whole thing. I know nothing about hydraulic cement other than what I have read in articles like this one:

http://www.victoria-adventure.org/water_gardening_images/leaks/page1.html

Has anybody come across this in Pattaya, and if so where? Thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...

I'll finish this thread as it may be useful to someone at a future date. Both Home Works and Home Pro stock the quick-setting cement, though Home Pro seems to be a more reliable source. They also stock both 5 litre and 1 litre packs, while Home Works only had the 5 litre version. The hydraulic cement is made by a company called Lanko, and the correct one for fixing leaks is #224 Rapid Plug cement. It costs 159 Baht/litre in Home Pro. Although I bought three litres in total, we only used one for the repairs. It seems to have worked very well, and the fish are happy in their new deep water pool.

• Like 1

Kudo's for coming back to explain the result, which can be very helpful to other posters in the future.

Wish more members would have the same ethics.

Thank you. If in future anyone has a question on this subject, then they should feel free to PM me.