Spry Menu Question - Dreamweaver

KRS1

Does anyone know how to make spry menu modifications appear on every webpage without having to edit them one by one? For example if i edit the spry menu on my index page, how can i apply all the changes to other pages? I need to add links to the spry menu tab and last time i did it.... i did it one page at a time and was a painful process of 65 pages.

Please prevent me from suffering and having to edit 65 pages again please. sad.png

In Dreamweaver, you can use templates to do something like that:

The template would be a "blank" page on which only common elements are set (menu, footer,...) Then when you change the content of the template, all the files using it are updated. You still have to upload all of them then.

Another solution (more elegant in my opinion), is to use server-side script (php, asp) and have the menu inserted in your page when user loads it. In simplified: in your pages, instead of the menu you have a little piece of code that says "get the menu from menu.html and place it there". Then you only have to update this menu.html to have all your pages updated (without having to re-upload all of them).

A bit more detail here: http://www.sitefundamentals.com/include-menu-header-footer-web-pages/

Thanks, right now i create a template (index.html) and use that for the other pages and build upon them, but when i make changes to spry the changes arenlt transferred to the other pages.

I like the idea of using server side script but im still stuck using static pages and not sure how to implement that.

edit: just clicked your link , awesome, thanks !

Edited by KRS1