New Yamaha Nouvo Injected

inzman

range is far more important to me as well ,i would rather fill up less often and carry an extra 2-4 litres on board

is it possible to fit wider mirrors on an elegance ? if pcx mirrors could fit i would order a set

the stock mirrors would work if the arms were a bit longer ,i feel like i need to sit on the back (passenger ) seat

of elegance to be able to use the mirrors effectively

I use PCX mirrors on my elegance. Yes, on one side the thread is different, but there is a small connecting piece used. You can mount the PCX mirrors on the elegance if you don't use this piece on the right side. The right mirror is than approx. 1-2cm lower than the left mirror, but that doesn't matter.

But the PCX mirrors are only a small improvement compared to the elegance stock mirrors. They are still too narrow if mounted on the elegance. I feel still not safe with them.

PCX mirrors:

post-129800-0-74035600-1332338733_thumb.

Small connection piece that i didn't use on the right side:

post-129800-0-91504900-1332338735_thumb.

do you think longer arms would solve the problem ?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are the mio mirrors always 120 thb in any yamaha shop or did you get them somewhere else ?

I buy those items always in a mocy shop on Soi Neurnplubwan in Pattaya. Not an official Yamaha dealership.

I think, you can buy them everywhere at this, or similar price...

But the PCX mirrors are only a small improvement compared to the elegance stock mirrors. They are still too narrow if mounted on the elegance. I feel still not safe with them.

Sure, the Yammies have all the same problem (except the Fino): the mirrors are mounted to far "inside". You can solve this problem only, if you extend the rod/arm.....

EDIT: I compared many mirrors, but it seemed that the "arm length" is nearly everywhere more or less identical

Edited by vel_tins

range is far more important to me as well ,i would rather fill up less often and carry an extra 2-4 litres on board

is it possible to fit wider mirrors on an elegance ? if pcx mirrors could fit i would order a set

the stock mirrors would work if the arms were a bit longer ,i feel like i need to sit on the back (passenger ) seat

of elegance to be able to use the mirrors effectively

I use PCX mirrors on my elegance. Yes, on one side the thread is different, but there is a small connecting piece used. You can mount the PCX mirrors on the elegance if you don't use this piece on the right side. The right mirror is than approx. 1-2cm lower than the left mirror, but that doesn't matter.

PCX mirrors:

post-129800-0-74035600-1332338733_thumb.

Small connection piece that i didn't use on the right side:

post-129800-0-91504900-1332338735_thumb.

do you think longer arms would solve the problem ?

Yes, i would think so. Its like vel_tins said, the mounting is "to far inside".

Back on topic. The 135 cc Yamaha engine appears to be bullet proof. If Yamaha does change to a 125 cc, I know for sure what my next bike will NOT be.

Ok, but what alternatives do you have in this price range?

The truth is, the 135 carburated Elegance gets identical gas mileage as the 125 c.c. PCX. I will most likely keep my three year old Elegance with the carb. It's got only a tad more than 9000 kilometers on it. My buddy who was out drinking with me night before last has a four year old Elegance with 27,000 kilometers. He's due for a belt change he tells me, new tires and a couple of other maintenance items that will add up a bit so he is thinking of getting a new bike, but when I asked him closely he is having no symptoms of belt slippage, damage, etc. I just might get the new PCX 150 however...good chance of it in fact. Why? I like bikes and usually had two anyway while living on a farm. I'd have a 185 c.c. on/off road Honda and a BMW for the street. So what's new, maybe I'll have two.

As far as alternatives......I'd say the new 125 c.c. fuel injected Nouvo will be almost as good as the old model,, the key word being almost. So I'd recommend people to go for it or the PCX which of course is a lot more expensive. I cannot recommend any bike with one shock way off to the side. That whole spectrum of bikes won't begin to match an Elegance when the going gets tough, and as unappealing as it might be for me to consider trading my 135 in for a bike with a bit less power, I really think a 125 Nouvo with that new fuel injection setup will really stretch the miles per tank.

Back on topic. The 135 cc Yamaha engine appears to be bullet proof. If Yamaha does change to a 125 cc, I know for sure what my next bike will NOT be.

The truth is, the 135 carburated Elegance gets identical gas mileage as the 125 c.c. PCX. I will most likely keep my three year old Elegance with the carb. It's got only a tad more than 9000 kilometers on it. My buddy who was out drinking with me night before last has a four year old Elegance with 27,000 kilometers. He's due for a belt change he tells me, new tires and a couple of other maintenance items that will add up a bit so he is thinking of getting a new bike, but when I asked him closely he is having no symptoms of belt slippage, damage, etc. I just might get the new PCX 150 however...good chance of it in fact. Why? I like bikes and usually had two anyway while living on a farm. I'd have a 185 c.c. on/off road Honda and a BMW for the street. So what's new, maybe I'll have two.

As far as alternatives......I'd say the new 125 c.c. fuel injected Nouvo will be almost as good as the old model,, the key word being almost. So I'd recommend people to go for it or the PCX which of course is a lot more expensive. I cannot recommend any bike with one shock way off to the side. That whole spectrum of bikes won't begin to match an Elegance when the going gets tough, and as unappealing as it might be for me to consider trading my 135 in for a bike with a bit less power, I really think a 125 Nouvo with that new fuel injection setup will really stretch the miles per tank.

it might not be much less power ,the engine might be tuned higher due to the fuel injection

i think people are only disappointed because it was hoped we'd be getting the 135 but tuned higher due to fuel injection

hopefully they have done something sensible and increased the fuel tank capacity to match or exceed the pcx though

its still a "premium" scooter if they are selling for 60k so id expect some positive changes rather than just less cc's

it might not be much less power ,the engine might be tuned higher due to the fuel injection

i think people are only disappointed because it was hoped we'd be getting the 135 but tuned higher due to fuel injection

hopefully they have done something sensible and increased the fuel tank capacity to match or exceed the pcx though

its still a "premium" scooter if they are selling for 60k so id expect some positive changes rather than just less cc's

I was thinking or hoping for the same thing. http://kawasakininja-250r.blogspot.com/2012/03/yamaha-nouvo-sx.html But according to this the new Nouvo SX will produce just 7.78 kw and 10.47 nm of torque.

Wikpedia seems to have taken its Nouvo specs down, but I did find this. http://www.sgbikemart.com.sg/showbike.php?bikeno=1000222 Which shows 8.2 kw and 10.3 nm of torque. That's 11 horsepower. Wikpedia put it at 11.2 horsepower. The 7.78 kw of the Nouvo 125 converts to 10.43 horsepower. Now...it could well be the Thailand 125 will be tuned to a higher performance level than the Vietnam bike, but I doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought i would add a little more info and pictures.

post-59428-0-54214700-1333122484_thumb.j

It seems as if the engine will indeed be the same as Vietnam’s model 125cc but the marketing brochure i saw is claiming it's 'more powerful and is the ultimate for speed and acceleration'..........lol :D

they also add that the cylinder head and block are watercooled...... were the old models just liquid cooled at the block?? :S

post-59428-0-08368100-1333122530_thumb.j

The new model benefits from a 'luxury car style projector headlight' (these are all quotes) :D

post-59428-0-66874100-1333122584_thumb.j

'Digital Genius Mode panel'

post-59428-0-26437900-1333122721_thumb.j

17.6L of space below the seat

post-59428-0-83344900-1333122777_thumb.j

Kickstand safety cut off switch

'As one of premium scooters from Yamaha, the all new "Nouvo SX" has comes with 124cc of engine capacity, so it's not only about the style, the power and performance also very important for Nouvo SX, this bikes reported has 7,78 Kw / 8.000 rpm of maximum power and 10,47 Nm / 6.000 rpm of maximum torque'

7,78 Kw equates to 9.5hp............ Someone said the click 125 has 14bhp, i'm a tad skeptical of the click's figure, however i was hoping for more power from the new Nouvo than what my mio125 has...... :(

7,78 Kw equates to 9.5hp............ Someone said the click 125 has 14bhp, i'm a tad skeptical of the click's figure, however i was hoping for more power from the new Nouvo than what my mio125 has...... sad.png

if i needed a new scooter id snap up one of the last carb models ,i cant believe this is an "upgrade" with 10-20% less power and a higher price tag

nothing in the brochure looks like a game changer ,even if the cooling system is differnet ,the last one didnt overheat anyway so whats the use ?

new dashboard is a bit more digital ,but that shouldnt cost extra thesedays

I caught another very unappealing number and that's it has just a 4.3 liter fuel capacity. A friend mine who is returning to Pattaya right after Songkran posted this link in our chatroom http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/Product/Product.aspx?ProductID=110 I double checked with my girlfriend...that number 4.3 does stand for liters. My 135 c.c. Elegance has a 4,8 liter fuel tank. That means the 135 might very well outrange the new fuel injected model.

I had a little money burning in my pocket so yesterday I spent what I would have spent for trading in for a new bike on a 12 month physical fitness membership at the Pattaya Centara Hotel and right now I can't tell the rest of you how happy a camper I am. So, I am most definitely keeping my 135 c.c. carburetor model Nouvo Elegance and will almost certainly pass on a new bike for at least one year.

the difference is 8.5cc, maybe that is offset in the new SX with an increase in compression of 0.1 and possibly better combustion chamber in the new engine.

Gear ratio is different, weight is same and turning circle is worse on the SX.

Will be interesting to get a head to head between the 2; i wouldn't write of the new SX just yet until we get a comparison.

the difference is 8.5cc, maybe that is offset in the new SX with an increase in compression of 0.1 and possibly better combustion chamber in the new engine.

Will be interesting to get a head to head between the 2; i wouldn't write of the new SX just yet until we get a comparison.

theres a thread about terrible fuel consumption from this new 125cc click

couple of guys were complaining last month that fuel consumption is in the 30s rather than the 50's as claimed by honda !

one guy was even going to sell his because of it ,also the fuel guage doesnt work accurately ,but do they ever ?

taichiplanet-----What we really need here is a designated guinea pig because we certainly are not going to get any meaningful info from any dealership that I know of.

It does seem to me that Yamaha is focusing on the lower end of the market. Have we seen a 150 CBR type bike? No. Or a 250? No. But there is a Mio and there's a Fino and now even a Fiore and I saw something (in Thai) about still another offering in the small size category. It is possible with the new 125 fuel injected Nouvo that although horsepower is probably a bit less than 10.5 to the old model's 11.2 that the quality of the horsepower is not the same. So in real world driving conditions the 125 actually performs better than the 135. I say possible although I am not about to bet the farm on this.

What does make sense is Yamaha is capitalizing on the thai driver who is not going to look at the specs....a 4.3 liter fuel tank versus 4.8 or the fact that the new bike is down on horsepower so long as it SEEMS fast enough. Yamaha's color schemes for example are gimmicky. They are flashy to the point of gaudiness. The wheel size of new models such as the Fiore is too small for someone who knows better. So if could be that Yamaha is writing off the kind of buyer who expects more. On the other hand it is also possible that Yamaha has a substantially larger bike in the wings, and that this new FI Nouvo was intended for the type of buyer for whom fuel economy is ultra important but who still doesn't want the itty bitty wheels of the small offerings. At the big Mityan dealership on Pattaya Tai I noticed a couple Taiwanese bikes in the 300 and 400 c.c. class. in a much more affordable price than say a T Max. To me they seem bulky and I doubt they will make the same horsepower per c.c. that either HOnda or Yamaha makes. But it is very possible that such bikes will capture a certain segment of the market while in real world driving conditions a PCX 150 will get the job done just as well in a much smaller more manageable size. So I wonder if Yamaha really wants to give up this entire market segment.

taichiplanet-----What we really need here is a designated guinea pig because we certainly are not going to get any meaningful info from any dealership that I know of.

It does seem to me that Yamaha is focusing on the lower end of the market. Have we seen a 150 CBR type bike? No. Or a 250? No. But there is a Mio and there's a Fino and now even a Fiore and I saw something (in Thai) about still another offering in the small size category. It is possible with the new 125 fuel injected Nouvo that although horsepower is probably a bit less than 10.5 to the old model's 11.2 that the quality of the horsepower is not the same. So in real world driving conditions the 125 actually performs better than the 135. I say possible although I am not about to bet the farm on this.

What does make sense is Yamaha is capitalizing on the thai driver who is not going to look at the specs....a 4.3 liter fuel tank versus 4.8 or the fact that the new bike is down on horsepower so long as it SEEMS fast enough. Yamaha's color schemes for example are gimmicky. They are flashy to the point of gaudiness. The wheel size of new models such as the Fiore is too small for someone who knows better. So if could be that Yamaha is writing off the kind of buyer who expects more. On the other hand it is also possible that Yamaha has a substantially larger bike in the wings, and that this new FI Nouvo was intended for the type of buyer for whom fuel economy is ultra important but who still doesn't want the itty bitty wheels of the small offerings. At the big Mityan dealership on Pattaya Tai I noticed a couple Taiwanese bikes in the 300 and 400 c.c. class. in a much more affordable price than say a T Max. To me they seem bulky and I doubt they will make the same horsepower per c.c. that either HOnda or Yamaha makes. But it is very possible that such bikes will capture a certain segment of the market while in real world driving conditions a PCX 150 will get the job done just as well in a much smaller more manageable size. So I wonder if Yamaha really wants to give up this entire market segment.

Yamaha do have a CBR150 bike called the R15 (made/sold in India) and a version called the Vixion is made/sold in Indonesia.

Maybe Yam is concentrating on other markets. The Indonesia market is the 3rd biggest motorbike market in the world. This month Honda announced its 4th bike factory to open up in Indonesia and also a car factory (i wonder if the floods here had anything to do with that). With the 4 factories Honda plan to produce and sell 5.3 Mil bikes a year. Considering that only about 2 Mil bikes are sold in Thailand per year and 1.4 Mil of those are Honda maybe Yam realise that they can't get past the Thai Honda bias. Looking at the Yam global website they are looking at selling 900k Mio Js a year in Indonesia, so why would they bash their heads against a wall in Thailand to try and sell more bikes. To quote the Yam site "Indonesia's motorcycle market scale is approximately eight million units a year (Yamaha Motor survey, 2011 results) and around 50% of these are automatic models with the Mio series playing an important role."

It kinda makes financial sense to have a bike for the world market rather than each market have variations, but still if Yam made a couple of good products and some good marketing in the Thai market that would make some headway into the Honda prejudice held in Thailand. Just found an article on the Yam global website "Globalizing the Yamaha Motor Group's Engineering, Manufacturing and Marketing Functions "

http://www.yamaha-mo.../0215/info.html

But yeah, have to get the new and old Nouvo side by side on the street and see how they compare. It does seem these major bike makers are concentrating on fuel economy, which probably to 94.7% of the Asian population it is important. It is probably only a small % of the likes of us rev heads that want a balance of power and economy.

Edited by taichiplanet

On a more positive note to all of us who have the carburetor 135's I just took a Koh Larn Island trip with the owner I sold my old 115 c.c. Nouvo Mx to. Some time ago he gave it to his Thai gf. When I sold it to him it had 13700 kilometers on it. It now has over 45000 kilometers. Still runs great, he tells me. Aside from the normal maintenance, such as oil changes, tires,spark plugs, battery, etc the only thing noteworthy his gf had to do to it was to change the drive belt. Cost was 900 baht. So---there are 3 Nouvos my parking lot with 25000 plus kilometers on them and my pal Ross now has 28000 on his Elegance and he's not changed his belt yet. So it looks like we can stay with our 135's for a long time if we so choose.

I know this is a Nouvo thread, but as the question was asked, I'll ask another: What's so wrong with the 125Fi Hayate that no one even considers it in the same class as the Nouvo?

Edited by jamesbrock

I know this is a Nouvo thread, but as the question was asked, I'll ask another: What's so wrong with the 125Fi Hayate that no one even considers it in the same class as the Nouvo?

First off, if you go back into the threads here there have been a couple of proponents of the Hayate. Now.......if you go out and buy yourself a tape measure you will see that the Hayate is a knockoff of the Nouvo. Here's what I am getting at. Take my old Nouvo MX. Friend of mine got a Hayate. Had the same identical wheel and tire measurements of my Nouvo. Had the same lines. An Air Blade has smaller diameter wheels (14 inch) but they are wider. The overall appearance of the Air Blade is short coupled. Stubby compared to the Nouvo. The Hayate had the same long lanky appearance of the Nouvo. Even had the same little cubby holes in front of the driver for small odds and ends. Obviously one bike had copy catted the other. And since the Nouvo has been out since 2002 I believe the Suzuki is the one that's been doing the copy catting.

Now....the Hayake is 125 cc's right? Wouldn't you rather have 135 cc's than 125? I'd presume the 135 has more power. And especially whenever I used to look for horsepower figures all over the Internet I'd come up with nada, nothing for the Hayake. Not so with the Yamaha Elegance or its predecessor the 115 c.c. Nouvu MX. It was not hard to find the figure of 11.2 h.p. listed for the Elegance posted nearly everywhere. I could only conclude that Yamaha is rather proud of the power it had put into its engines. As for the 115 c.c. MX, the horsepower was 8.9. Which means that extra 20 cc's was providing the Elegance a 26 % horsepower advantage. That is truly significant and I can tell you from owning both, you can really feel the 26 % difference.

Okay....I just discovered this. http://chinabusinessphilippines.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=612:high-on-hayate&catid=41:rev-up&Itemid=65 Note that the horsepower for the 125 c.c. Hayake is 9.6 in this article. Which means the Elegance has a 17 % power advantage over the Hayate. Once again I view the Hayake as a poor man's Elegance. It is a fine bike no doubt for the type of man who wants to settle for second or third best. It is perfect for the kind of man who is happy with a skimpy dealership network. I want to add that the handling of the Hayake was just a tad off from the better road manners of the Yamaha while its appearance detailing was cheaper looking. So---overall I view it the same way as I'd view a Taiwanese copy of a Rolex watch. I'd rather have the real deal, wouldn't you? And with an Elegance, unlike my Swiss watch example, you don't really have to pay much of a premium to be able to get the real thing. I think it's only a five or six thousand baht difference, so for that kind of money, I'd rather pay the extra to avoid having to live on the poor side of town with the other have nots.

• Like 1

First off, if you go back into the threads here there have been a couple of proponents of the Hayate. Now.......if you go out and buy yourself a tape measure you will see that the Hayate is a knockoff of the Nouvo. Here's what I am getting at. Take my old Nouvo MX. Friend of mine got a Hayate. Had the same identical wheel and tire measurements of my Nouvo. Had the same lines. An Air Blade has smaller diameter wheels (14 inch) but they are wider. The overall appearance of the Air Blade is short coupled. Stubby compared to the Nouvo. The Hayate had the same long lanky appearance of the Nouvo. Even had the same little cubby holes in front of the driver for small odds and ends. Obviously one bike had copy catted the other. And since the Nouvo has been out since 2002 I believe the Suzuki is the one that's been doing the copy catting.

Now....the Hayake is 125 cc's right? Wouldn't you rather have 135 cc's than 125? I'd presume the 135 has more power. And especially whenever I used to look for horsepower figures all over the Internet I'd come up with nada, nothing for the Hayake. Not so with the Yamaha Elegance or its predecessor the 115 c.c. Nouvu MX. It was not hard to find the figure of 11.2 h.p. listed for the Elegance posted nearly everywhere. I could only conclude that Yamaha is rather proud of the power it had put into its engines. As for the 115 c.c. MX, the horsepower was 8.9. Which means that extra 20 cc's was providing the Elegance a 26 % horsepower advantage. That is truly significant and I can tell you from owning both, you can really feel the 26 % difference.

Okay....I just discovered this. http://chinabusiness...ev-up&Itemid=65 Note that the horsepower for the 125 c.c. Hayake is 9.6 in this article. Which means the Elegance has a 17 % power advantage over the Hayate. Once again I view the Hayake as a poor man's Elegance. It is a fine bike no doubt for the type of man who wants to settle for second or third best. It is perfect for the kind of man who is happy with a skimpy dealership network. I want to add that the handling of the Hayake was just a tad off from the better road manners of the Yamaha while its appearance detailing was cheaper looking. So---overall I view it the same way as I'd view a Taiwanese copy of a Rolex watch. I'd rather have the real deal, wouldn't you? And with an Elegance, unlike my Swiss watch example, you don't really have to pay much of a premium to be able to get the real thing. I think it's only a five or six thousand baht difference, so for that kind of money, I'd rather pay the extra to avoid having to live on the poor side of town with the other have nots.

Thanks Jack, I'd been reading your posts here a bit, and hoped you'd reply - even if I did know which way you'd be leaning. That's not to say leaning towards the Elegance is a bad thing, if it's the better bike, which based on how rarely the Hayate is mentioned I have no doubt that it is.

I have only ridden the Elegance briefly, and while I liked the feel of it, it wasn't long enough to get a good feel for it. I had been riding a Hayate for over six weeks now, including nearly two in Chiang Mai, and I really like it. Of course, that is in comparison to a Scoopy and a Click, so it's hard to not like it. My plan was to next rent an Elegance, so I could do an in depth comparison - maybe even having both for a week or so - however I crashed the Hayate last Sunday, and have ended up buying it (had to pay the lady I rented it off for a replacement, and got ownership of the one I crashed in the process). Based on your experience, I was already leaning towards the Elegance, and the only reason I started with the Hayate was that it was the first one I found available to rent.

Now my dilemma is, once the Hayate is repaired, do I sell it and upgrade to a carbed 135 Elegance, or wait and aim for a (possibly) 125 Fi Elegance...

jamesbrock----Don't get me wrong I think the Hayate is a very sound bike and much stouter than the Mios, Clicks, Finadas, PIsadas and so on. And a much better choice than a Vespa with its roller skate wheels. There is no reason to take a real beating if you are thinking of going to the Elegance 135 if you are going to lose your butt on the Hayate. And as for the 125 FI Elegance we will all have to just wait and see. i mentioned it is likely to be somewhat down in power compared to the 135 carbed model, but what gets me even more is its miniscule fuel tank at just 4.3 liters. If I were Yamaha I would have made the 4,8 liter tank slightly bigger with a bit of redesign work. Okay....it went the wrong way reducing tank capacity from 4.8 liters to 4.3. Had it gone the other way by the same 1/2 liter it would have a 5.3 liter tank to the new PCX's 5,9. Probably offer as good or even better range then which would make the pill much less bitter going from 135 c'c's to 125.

But again, we will have to wait and see. The Ninja 250 makes more horsepower than a CBR 250. But, the CBR 250 from all that I have read makes more usable horsepower for the speeds we would likely be using the bikes for. Perhaps the same will be true for the new Nouvo SX. But d-----m-t.......a 4.3 liter fuel tank. That's tinker toy city.

jamesbrock----Don't get me wrong I think the Hayate is a very sound bike and much stouter than the Mios, Clicks, Finadas, PIsadas and so on. And a much better choice than a Vespa with its roller skate wheels. There is no reason to take a real beating if you are thinking of going to the Elegance 135 if you are going to lose your butt on the Hayate. And as for the 125 FI Elegance we will all have to just wait and see. i mentioned it is likely to be somewhat down in power compared to the 135 carbed model, but what gets me even more is its miniscule fuel tank at just 4.3 liters. If I were Yamaha I would have made the 4,8 liter tank slightly bigger with a bit of redesign work. Okay....it went the wrong way reducing tank capacity from 4.8 liters to 4.3. Had it gone the other way by the same 1/2 liter it would have a 5.3 liter tank to the new PCX's 5,9. Probably offer as good or even better range then which would make the pill much less bitter going from 135 c'c's to 125.

But again, we will have to wait and see. The Ninja 250 makes more horsepower than a CBR 250. But, the CBR 250 from all that I have read makes more usable horsepower for the speeds we would likely be using the bikes for. Perhaps the same will be true for the new Nouvo SX. But d-----m-t.......a 4.3 liter fuel tank. That's tinker toy city.

they could have easilly made a 6 litre tank and became the vehicle of choice for commuters ,taxi drivers,couriors and people like myself whos just to lazy to stop and fill it up :D

Been looking around for HP figures on the new injected 125 engine.

The Yam Phillipine site has the Mio 125 (same bore, stroke, compression but carby) at 10.4 HP

http://www.yamaha-mo...t/mio125mx.html

The Uk have an injected 125 (different bore, stroke, higher compression) at 13.8 HP

http://www.yamaha-mo...?view=techspecs

the Vietnam site has the Nouvo 135 as 10.9HP (seems to be the same specs as the Thai model)

http://www.yamaha-mo...an_pham/?xe=179

HP for the new Nouvo SX 125 is given as 10.4HP

http://www.yamaha-mo...an_pham/?xe=194 (click on the 2nd tab "Kỹ thuật" for specs)

If correct, 0.5 HP would not be a deal breaker for me in buying the nuovo nouvo!

BTW difference in torque is only 0.13 Nm in favour of the 135

Edited by taichiplanet

The Yam Phillipine site has the Mio 125 (same bore, stroke, compression but carby) at 10.4 HP

The Uk have an injected 125 (different bore, stroke, higher compression) at 13.8 HP

the Vietnam site has the Nouvo 135 as 10.9HP (seems to be the same specs as the Thai model)

http://www.yamaha-mo...an_pham/?xe=194 (click on the 2nd tab "Kỹ thuật" for specs)

If correct, 0.5 HP would not be a deal breaker for me in buying the nuovo nouvo!

I would love one of these new Nouvo's, i think it's a great looking bike with some nice touches. 10.4hp is exactly the same as my current Mio125GTX, not sure if i would sell my bike and pay 20,000Baht more to get a bike that just looks a tad better, i really hope to Thai model has a bit more omphhh, similar to that of the 135 carb'ed Nouvo of before (13.5bhp i think?)

I would love one of these new Nouvo's, i think it's a great looking bike with some nice touches. 10.4hp is exactly the same as my current Mio125GTX, not sure if i would sell my bike and pay 20,000Baht more to get a bike that just looks a tad better, i really hope to Thai model has a bit more omphhh, similar to that of the 135 carb'ed Nouvo of before (13.5bhp i think?)

Going on the Viet website the 135 carb'ed Nouvo (same specs as Thai model) is 10.9HP, and in a couple of posts earlier jackcorbett mentioned 11.2HP. I'm assuming as Yam are doing Global models now, the Nouvo SX will be the same in most markets; at least the same in ASEAN countries.

Got a Mio 125GT myself, can't say it is particularly fast but goes okay for a scoot, fantastic brakes. The Nouvo has a much better ride of course. But still the Mio is a fun bike for the city cut and thrust.

Edited by taichiplanet

they could have easilly made a 6 litre tank and became the vehicle of choice for commuters ,taxi drivers,couriors and people like myself whos just to lazy to stop and fill it up biggrin.png

of course the bigger the tank, the more fuel it carries and therefore the vital statistic of wet weight goes up. So maybe to keep the Fi version as the same wet weight as the carbie version they reduced capacity by 1/2 litre. No doubt Yam will say that as the Fi is more efficient you don't need to carry around as much fuel to get the same mileage!! Only a guess of course, so don't crucify me! unsure.png

Edited by taichiplanet

I own the newer Hayate 125Fi (8,000k) and have owned the Elegance. This comparison of a Rolex to a knock-off is overdone. The Hayate is every bit as quick and light footed in town, agile and comfortable. Nothing has been less than perfect with my Hayate so far - nothing.

Elegance probably shows to advantage in the torque department uphill and may be slightly steadier at max cruise, not that I experience a wiggle with the 'Zuki. Also, recently alloy wheels got you tubeless tires with the Elegance and I believe (shocked, I am) that the Yamaha gets better mileage, a bit, due to liquid cooling and diasi (tight specs). It's easy to add a top box to the Yamaha as the company provides the parts - not Zuki.

Style aside, I cannot see the new SX as being an upgrade - rather the reverse. Nothing would convince me to trade in my Hayate for this new disappointment. As an added note, I prefer the twin headlight arrangement used by the Elegance (and Hayate and...) as it defines clearly a motorbike coming toward you; single lamps or over and under leave some doubt (car with on bulb out?).

As an added note, I prefer the twin headlight arrangement used by the Elegance (and Hayate and...) as it defines clearly a motorbike coming toward you; single lamps or over and under leave some doubt (car with on bulb out?).

maybe its safer to appear as a car with one bulb out to oncoming drunken thai motorists :D

As an added note, I prefer the twin headlight arrangement used by the Elegance (and Hayate and...) as it defines clearly a motorbike coming toward you; single lamps or over and under leave some doubt (car with on bulb out?).

maybe its safer to appear as a car with one bulb out to oncoming drunken thai motorists biggrin.png

That's a bloody good point!

I'm going to fit one of those red 'avaliable' taxi signs to both my bikes :D