Wanted: Bicycle (Rent Or?)

Mikl777

I will be arriving in Pattaya today. I am going to be visiting for up to three weeks. I am looking for the use of a bicycle when I am there. In past visits I have been unable to find a bike rental source. I finally was able rent one from the owner of a motorcycle concession on Beach Rd (his personal bike). He mentioned that he was planning to sell the business so I am not optomistic about finding him. I really enjoyed my early morning rides. Does anyone have a good quality bike that could be rented?. I have a friend who lives in Pattaya for a local reference.

Try "Mai Paeng"

They have several branches over Pattaya and Jomtien.

According to other posters here they are reliable.

You only need a copy of your passport, a driving-license and a deposit (usually THB 2000).

Wherever you rent: check the bike thoroughly (pictures) and take care that it has a full-insurance.

Try "Mai Paeng"

You only need a copy of your passport, a driving-license and a deposit (usually THB 2000).

Wherever you rent: check the bike thoroughly (pictures) and take care that it has a full-insurance.

For renting a bicycle ??shock1.gif

• Like 1

This also depends where you will be staying mate. I know of a place on the "Railway Rd" just off of Soi Siam Country Club (SSCC) that i have seen lots of bikes outside every day on display and not close to the city so I'm sure you would not pay "City" prices.

Try "Mai Paeng"

For renting a bicycle ??shock1.gif

Oh shoot!

You can buy new for 800 baht at Tesco Lotus today. New and functional. Then you can donate it to the orphanage before you go home.

Soi Lenkee rents too for 300 baht/day. I have an unused bike if you want to borrow it. Tires need air but it's great for getting around town.

Thanks for the leads folks! I like the idea of buying/donating but last time I looked Lotus didn't have bikes that I would ride (quality). I'll try the other leads also.

"Mai Paeng" : Can you provide a address or landmark or website?

"Railway Rd" just off of Soi Siam Country Club (SSCC) : I can't find on my map. Can you provide a landmark so that I can narrow it down?

Thanks for the leads folks! I like the idea of buying/donating but last time I looked Lotus didn't have bikes that I would ride (quality). I'll try the other leads also.

"Mai Paeng" : Can you provide a address or landmark or website?

"Railway Rd" just off of Soi Siam Country Club (SSCC) : I can't find on my map. Can you provide a landmark so that I can narrow it down?

If you were to turn off of Sukhumvit and start going up SSCC, when you get to the railway rd you would turn left and just past the railway station on the left hand side you will see all there bikes outside on the road side. There isn't a lot on that rd so hard to miss. Looks like more of a mama/papa rental place but the bikes look good.

If you can't find it pm me and I will give you my number to call me and can help you.

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

I ended up getting a nice mountain bike from David in Jomtien. He delivered it to my hotel and picked it up when I left. $3000bt/mo. I recommend renting a bike from David. Thanks Dave!

Go to Jomtien. Between sois 10 and 11 you'll see Jomtien Beach Condominium. The complex has 5 buildings. In the second building (named S2)from Beach Road you'll find Timbo's restaurant. The owner David rents out bicycles daily, weekly, monthly, from his unit next door. They're well maintained and you'll have a choice of sizes. Mostly they're hybrid mountain/road bikes. David's mobile number is 0816865575. You'll find him very enthusiastic. He also organises group rides.