Pattaya - Food & Cafes Not To Miss - Where ?

healthcaretaker

Can I assume you are mostly looking for Thai food?

Yes, thank you. I prefer Thai food but foreign food can be taken too if it is specially outstanding and not costly or out of the way. For Thai food, I am willing to go anywhere for it as I have many days there. I love the basil leaves fried with minced meat or crispy pork. I must have it every 48 hrs, even as a snack or between meals.

For cafes, I prefer western types but not those inside a hotel.

I like Boat Restaurant on 2nd across from the sex sois for pad krapow. Ask for it spicy if you want that.

The trouble with Thai food in general in the tourist areas is of course the tourist trap mentality of most of the places. To get closer to the real deal you generally need to move away somewhat from the main tourist areas. For example from 2nd and Pattaya Klang, start walking on Klang towards Sukhuwvit. There are a number of small Thai eateries that cater to both Thais are more localized foreigners.

• Like 1

I like Boat Restaurant on 2nd across from the sex sois for pad krapow. Ask for it spicy if you want that.

The trouble with Thai food in general in the tourist areas is of course the tourist trap mentality of most of the places. To get closer to the real deal you generally need to move away somewhat from the main tourist areas. For example from 2nd and Pattaya Klang, start walking on Klang towards Sukhuwvit. There are a number of small Thai eateries that cater to both Thais are more localized foreigners.

Thanks again. What do you mean by "sex sois" ? Is it at the Citin Garden Pattaya Resort, somewhere 2 -3km east of walking street, just before reaching Sukhimvit Road ? I found it it at Google Map but google map occassionally have mistakes.

Where is "from 2nd and Pattaya Klang" ? I have problems with Pattaya adresses, so many 2nd, or soi 2 or tai 2, it's confusing.

I am only familiar with Royal Garden Plaza, the intersection where you change songtheaw to Jomtien and the newer and bigger shopping mall with viewing platform to see the sea(what name is this ?)

Any newly developed areas with night market or more a/c cafes ?

Can you please be more specific in reference to my post ?

Pattaya Tai from Walking Street is just 500 m at the beach end but the beach end of Pattaya Tai to Sukhimvit end is close to 3km, which part of it is Boat Restaurant ? Is what i seen in googfle map stated in #post5 correct ? Is Boat very near to Sukhimvit Road at the Citin garden Pattaya resort ?

Pattaya Tai from Walking Street is just 500 m at the beach end but the beach end of Pattaya Tai to Sukhimvit end is close to 3km, which part of it is Boat Restaurant ? Is what i seen in googfle map stated in #post5 correct ? Is Boat very near to Sukhimvit Road at the Citin garden Pattaya resort ?

Boat isn't really anything special. Not aircon. I just like their Pad Krapow. No, it is nowhere near Sukhumwit! It is on 2nd road between Royal Garden and Pattaya Tai (south Pattaya road). Sorry, best I can do. I'm sure you can find Royal Garden Plaza mall. (The mall with Ripleys Believe it or not.) Edited by Jingthing

Boat isn't really anything special. Not aircon. I just like their Pad Krapow. No, it is nowhere near Sukhumwit! It is on 2nd road between Royal Garden and Pattaya Tai (south Pattaya road). Sorry, best I can do. I'm sure you can find Royal Garden Plaza mall. (The mall with Ripleys Believe it or not.)

Ok, I gather now that it is in Pattaya Sai Song, somewhere just south of Royal Garden Plaza(less than 500m away) before reaching Pattaya Tai; and the Boat Restaurant at google map is a different one. I presume i can find the word "Boat" in English at their place.

cake and bake

a black and white painted cafe on the soi that used to face the now demolished Excite disco

great cakes, good grub, good service, free wi fi, aircon, nice crowd..............

Care to describe where is this place near ? In case finding a "demolished" Excite disco is difficult.

the soi is known as soi excite

its off the right side of third road travelling south between its junction with pattaya klang and pattaya thai

you won't miss the large cleared area on the right where excite stood

its a big empty area for this neck of the woods..........

• Like 1

cake and bake

a black and white painted cafe on the soi that used to face the now demolished Excite disco

great cakes, good grub, good service, free wi fi, aircon, nice crowd..............

Care to describe where is this place near ? In case finding a "demolished" Excite disco is difficult.

the soi is known as soi excite

its off the right side of third road travelling south between its junction with pattaya klang and pattaya thai

you won't miss the large cleared area on the right where excite stood

its a big empty area for this neck of the woods..........

Hmm Bake n Brew no?