Thai Relationship, Am I Doing The Right Thing?

Craig1981

My problem is I was only with her for 10 days before I returned home from my holiday. I had feelings for her and I did not want her to work in the bar anymore, so I sent her 20,000bht and she paid the bar 8000bht to release her from working there (this is true because I spoke with my friend and owner of the bar and asked how much I needed to give him).

Is this illegal? Sounds like slavery?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that paying the bar off (8000 baht) means she can leave with no hard feelings. If she is dumped in the future she can just return to the bar and keep working on the same terms as before.

I know 2 ladies that have paid the bar but work in a bar as 'service'. They just serve drinks and clean and get about 3000 baht plus a share of the tips from the bar. The both have sponsors that send them money each month.

I hope that you are trolling, otherwise it means that you are just another gullible fool.

Many Thai girls can't think further into the future than tomorrow, this girl is an example of a smart one.

You spent 10 days with her and were obviously impressed that she didn't want any money and just wanted to spend time with you. You were so impressed that she didn't want your money so after returning to your home country you sent her 20,000 Bt.

She has played you and played you well. For sure you bought her gifts and spent money on her during those 10 days,

If you had paid her 1,000Bt per day, she would have received 10,000Bt, but by being clever, she has already doubled that and with the likelyhood of more to come.

Your very good friend didn't think to inform you that she was seeing other men? Mind you, he shouldn't need to, she is a prostitute working in a bar, it should be obvious. But if your good friend knew that you had sent money, he should have let you know, maybe he is more interested in the money he earns than what you are throwing away.

She flushed a SIM card, so what! She will have all the contact details in her notebook. She will also have a different SIM card for each "boyfriend". This is so one of them cannot phone her while she is with you.

She went to work in a bar in Pattaya for one reason and one reason only - Money. It is unlikely that she is back on the farm, but if she is, it is only because she already has a number of sponsors sending her money.

The reason people may be sending advice is because they may have been in the same boat or, as in my case, know a fool who has been there!

A mate of mine visited Thailand for 3 weeks, met a girl in Nana disco, an odd looking girl with tattoos and bleached hair, never slept with her because she was frigid but continued to send her money(15+k Baht) a month for the next 3 years despite never going back. Eventually he visited his 'bird'(his words) they had a fight and she tried to glass him.. I think he sends her a little less a month now but he does still send her cash some 6 years on... Mental

• Like 1

I don't know why I am replying but I have a mate that did the same thing.

She stayed with him until she got her settlement visa and is doing very well for herself in Soho, London.

AH, YES, that's what it is about for many soooooooooooo for many readers here PLEASE take this on board. drunk.gif

The reason people may be sending advice is because they may have been in the same boat or, as in my case, know a fool who has been there!

A mate of mine visited Thailand for 3 weeks, met a girl in Nana disco, an odd looking girl with tattoos and bleached hair, never slept with her because she was frigid but continued to send her money(15+k Baht) a month for the next 3 years despite never going back. Eventually he visited his 'bird'(his words) they had a fight and she tried to glass him.. I think he sends her a little less a month now but he does still send her cash some 6 years on... Mental

Yes, he needs locking up. jerk.gif

Personally, I think you should go for it. She admitted to you her wrongdoing and that's commendable on her part. Most importantly, the act of dumping her card down the toilet proved two things: faithfulness and honesty. She dumped the contact of all the people she has known for so many years down the toilet -- just for you, JUST FOR YOU! When everything is said and done and at that very moment, her world is left with only you, her true soulmate.

If you still can't figure out what these act of greatness and nobility mean, I doubt you will be able to identify your true soulmate even if she appears right before you eyes.