Affirmation To Marry: Student - How To Specify An Income

langlearner

Hi,

About me: I've been studying the Thai language for a few years, am unemployed but have sufficient funds/savings for many future years living in BKK.

My wife and I (post-religious ceremony, not legally marriage yet) were refused at our local BKK district office when we tried to register (จดทะเบียน / jot-tabian) our marriage. I'd completed the "affirmation to marry", had the UK embassy and Thai Consul stamp it. On it I'd stated my former occupation (for which my qualifications are still current) and that I was currently a language student. They refused on the grounds no income was listed. Ok, I've re-done the docs but before going to the embassy and handing them another B3250 for 10 minutes work I'd appreciate advice from the readers here...

I've restated my occupation and noted income from property rental back home and investment income, all of which is true. Do the district office have any grounds for refusal based on this?

They gave me a Thai document "หนังสือด่วนมากที่ มท 0313/ว714 ลว. 14 กรกฎาคม 2521" giving the requirements for a foreigner marrying a Thai. One requirement is "ระบุอาชีพและรายได้ของผู้ร้อง" ("Specify occupation and income of requester"). Is proof of income needed or just the notarised statement from the embassy/Thai consul verification?

Also, in this 0313/ว714 document is a requirement for an interview to confirm "definitely has an income and how". Has anyone been refused by this before?

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks,

LL