Uk Settlement Visa Appeal Hearing Next Week...

Hello,

I am due to go to my wife's UK settlement visa hearing in Birmingham next week.

I don't hold out a lot of hope but I thought I would get your thoughts on my chances.

My plan is to apply for a new visa within the next six weeks,my old application was

refused purely on the financial support area.

Because I was out of the country for 9months when I arrived back into the country

I still had my £6,500 tax free allowance,I started working for my families business

bringing in around £4/500 over the three months .

When the Officer did his checks to see how much tax I had paid to confirm

the job was real there was no tax paid,as I was still under the 6.5k threshold

but he refused based on the lack of evidence for financial support.

I have bank statements showing the money being transferred to my bank,after three months when

her visa was refused I went and joined my wife as she was due to give birth in Bangkok to our son.

I arrived back in the UK in December and I have now found a new job working for Broker.

As the Visa can only be given based upon the facts of the original application will my bank statements

be enough to convince the judge to overturn to decision made by the officer in question ?

Don't worry guys I don't hold out a lot of hope,just wanted your opinion.

Edited by kobrien

Anyone ?

Your financial situation at the time of the application doesn't look too good, especially if you only earned 500 Pounds, as you say. I don't understand tax problems, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't mean that you can earn 6,500 GBP before you start to pay tax. I think you should have been paying tax every month, probably tax based on an emergency tax code. If you weren't, then I'm sure the ECO didn't believe that you were working at all. If that is the case, then winning your appeal may well be difficult.

• Like 1

Thanks Visa plus,I had earned nearly 5k,but as it was a family business the levels of paperwork were not in place and the whole approach was lax,I can fully understand why they doubted

the job,I was very naive when making the initial application,I will focus on the new appeal with all new circumstances,thanks all the same.