A Cure For The Jet Ski Scam

threelegcowboy

All you tourist/residents of Pattaya that have these social media at hand.....why not use it to put more falangs at the scene. Spoters could be used to alert falangs that a possible scam was possible and its location. Then a second alert that it was on.

What are these social media etc..myspace, facebook ?

How many falangs at the scene might make a difference. With Thais it makes a difference. I wonder how many falangs would show up. Can you imagine several hundred falangs gathered looking down the throats of those Thais.

And as we all know Thais cant recognize one frang from another. It might just confuse the hell out of them so that the customers could make thier getaway.

Just my two cents as I dont have any of these social media.

• Like 2

Considering the fact that most of those who are scammed appear to be either Eastern European or Middle Easterners I doubt if your suggestion will help much

What is needed is for hotels and guest houses to take the initiative and post prominent notices in their lobbies about the scam in the language of the majority of their guests

I think that one should be careful about what to post and in what way.

Libeling is heavily punished in Thailand.

A general warning is okay, but pictures of boats, people and/or names can be dangerous.

To be honest......how long and how many times have people been warned for scams: jet-skis, metered taxis, tourist guides, motorbike taxis, time sharing sellers............and people are still falling for it. It's like trying to fill up a bottomless well.

They're naive package tourists who can't even speak English. I mean, they actually come here thinking this place is a family beach destination! I wouldn't put out much hope for such people..

Let me try to walk in "Ghandi's Shoes".

It does not matter what country these customers come from they need to be protected. I would not expect to see a customer's native countriesmen come to thier aid.

I would expect to see falangs that live here and have watched this go on for years WANT TO do something to show support. This does not mean a fight but as Ghandi would have said "PEACEFUL RESISTANCE". Go to the beach with numbers is enough and while the scam is going down

If organized it could include different nationalities.

I do NOT think the hotels/business will come to the aid of these victums as I think they are the ones that point the way to the scammers. Why do you think the victums are able to pay off this damaged jet ski time after time? Might not be in every case but I am amazed that this scam works so well.

Edited by threelegcowboy
  • Like 2

I wanted some constructive critizisum on this subject.

Thanks Soihoky for pointing out how dangerous this really is. As if by viewing the mountain of info out there it wasnt obvious.

I am already disappointed that the best person for this job has not already stepped forward. With all this instant messages being delivered to this individual and still nothing. The ideal person would have been all over this.

With the lack of support on this subject I can only speculate that NOTHING will come of this effort and this type of problem will go on. In the future this could jump from jet ski to side walk extortion. WE will all suffer from NOT standing up to this scam.

If there were mass numbers showing up on the beach in a passive way, MAYBE this could come under control.

• Like 1