Loi Krathong

hellodolly

My boy is trying to schedue his vacation to take Loi Krathong in.

As near as I can figure it is on Nov. 28 that seemed a little late in the month to me.

It is supposed to occur on the twelfth full moon in the Thai year which occurs in November.

Has anybody got any information?

Thanks I forgot to put in the 2012.

I am like elektrified. Good at saying it but not at using it.

November 28 it is.

I can use google just fine thank you. I don't use up the bandwidth or burden other members asking stupid questions like "Where is Pratu Chang Phueak?", What is the telephone number number of St. Peter Eye Hospital?", "Where is JJ Market?", "When is Loy Krathong?" and on and on.

Edited by elektrified

Just curious what the difference is (if there is one) between the festival in Chiang Mai Vs other parts of Thailand?

I've done it once in Pattaya... we went to the beach, drank, and lit sky lanterns.

Then I did it in Phuket... we went to the beach, drank and lit sky lanterns.

Obviously CM doesnt have a beach, but I'm just wondering if their way of observing is somehow different...

Remember the premiere free event of the 1000 khom loy release at the Dhamma Centre at Mae-jo will be on the Saturday either 1 week or 2 weeks before Loy Kratong.

(To discourage 'tourists' from attending)

Edited by ludditeman

Just curious what the difference is (if there is one) between the festival in Chiang Mai Vs other parts of Thailand?

I've done it once in Pattaya... we went to the beach, drank, and lit sky lanterns.

Obviously CM doesnt have a beach, but I'm just wondering if their way of observing is somehow different...

The colorful parades are very popular here.

Edited by elektrified

We go to the river, drink, and light sky lanterns.