Avoiding Abandonment Allegations

Unwisemonkey

Hello all,

It has been a while since I posted. I have been enduring my situation somewhat silently for those of you who remember my issues with my (ex)wife have still remained unresolved as I have been busy building my case and retaining my rights to my children by not divorcing quickly.

I have to return to my country (the U.S.) for a brief period, and I was wondering if there is documentation I need to have as proof that I am not abandoning my children here in Thailand with their mother, an allegation the mother in law has tried to assert already in an effort to defame me with my professional colleagues here in the LOS. I am sure if this tactic is used the judges will see through it immediately but I'd rather avoid the associated costs in time and money if I can avoid it. Any help is appreciated, and thank you in advance. If I do not reply immediately it is because I have not had the opportunity to so please be patient.

Regards,

Unwisemonkey

There is no documentation.

You can only show the reason for your return to the US and maybe show email/telephone/ records confirming you tried to stay in contact with them, as well as receipts for sending parcels etc.

A judge will understand that one has to return to ones home country once in awhile.

• 2 weeks later...