Pick Up With Cap

when you ask about buying a pickup in Thailand, people always ask, do you want cap? I presume this to be a roof with windows for the back section of the car, is that right?

Also, I see a lot of different opions about driving licenses here, which seem to contradict each other. Can you insure/tax a car in thailand on a UK license.

Regards Lee

Do they meab 'Cab'... i.e. Single Cab (front seats and small rear bench seat), or Double Cab (front seats and proper rear seats).

Alternatively it could also mean the 'carry-boy' type cabs, but I doubt that.

Regarding licence: Your insurance and tax is not related to your driving licence - In most cases the car is taxed and insured not you.

However, the best advice which will be reiterated by TV members is: Get a Thai drivers licence (it takes less than a day).

Do they meab 'Cab'... i.e. Single Cab (front seats and small rear bench seat), or Double Cab (front seats and proper rear seats).

Alternatively it could also mean the 'carry-boy' type cabs, but I doubt that.

Regarding licence: Your insurance and tax is not related to your driving licence - In most cases the car is taxed and insured not you.

However, the best advice which will be reiterated by TV members is: Get a Thai drivers licence (it takes less than a day).

A "CAP" is a cover for the back, can be lever or elevated, and some have windows some not. Can be used with tailgate or some have doors, you remove tailgate! You can get them lined, with lights, and some kept on with C clamps some screwed or bolted in! Cap means a cover, much like a baseball Cap!

• Like 1