Visa Expirations - Visa Runs - Poi Pet

Okay, here is the deal, since I am not a Visa expert, but am sure some of you are.

I have a Multiple Entry Non-Imm B, procured from Houston last December, 16, 2004 to be 'UTILIZED BEFORE DEC 15, 2005.'

I entered Thailand January 2, 2005, and have been in and out many times since.

Present entry stamp calls for exit by December 28, 2005.

If I go over to PoiPet, say Dec 27th and re-enter, will I be granted another three months or doI need to go today? Or will I becoming back in on a Tourist Visa (Something I cannot let happen)

As this one-year visa/stamp (whatever it is called) is certainly for only a year anyway, maybe I am better off re-applying at a consulate, though this time I will change over to the Non-Imm 'O' assuming you can get a work permit on it as most people say.

At present, no work permit, but all rules followed upon surrender, and Non-Imm 'B' still in place.

Thanks for any info.

Burrito

As SJ and Lop have both said go now.

If you wait until the 16th the visa will of passed its utilise date and be invalid.

You cannot obtain a Tourist visa at the Cambo border neither all you will get from the 16th onwards will be a 30 day entry permit stamp.

You/ll be hard pushed to obtain another Non Imm O in any neighbouring country ................if your 50+ with a bit of cash in the bank Penang would be your best shot.

If worst comes to worst you/ll have to go down to Penang and obtain a double or maybe a triple entry (if your lucky) Tourist visa...........the only other alternative are border runs every 30 days..........not an enthralling prospect.

Someone (SJ?) said on another thread that even if the visa says use before the 15th Dec (in your case) it can still be used on the 15th itself................ive never tried it so cant comment.