Toyota Vigo 4-Door 4Wd Current Price?

AfterLOS

Prices:

http://www.toyota.co.th/lite/product-detail.php?model=vigo_double_cab&opt=grades

These prices are the same everywhere. However some dealers will throw in loads of options and insurance for free.

Keep in mind this is a 5 (?) year old model, due to change in the not too distant future. All competitors have already released a new model.

Prices:

http://www.toyota.co..._cab&opt=grades

These prices are the same everywhere. However some dealers will throw in loads of options and insurance for free.

Keep in mind this is a 5 (?) year old model, due to change in the not too distant future. All competitors have already released a new model.

Thanks. Yeah, the website English version is not available yet.

(1) How is the Prerunner different from the Vigo?

(2) With the Vigo the difference in Price between 2WD and 4WD is about 150k - worth it to have 4WD or a waste for someone who does no offroading?

(3) Which dealer is offering the most/best options in CM currently?

(4) How much is the deposit when ordering the vehicle?

(5) How long is the delivery time?

(6) Possible to have 2 names on the title, mine and my gf (together for 11 yrs and to be married soon)

(7) Is there any additional discount for paying the whole Price up front? Is there a downside to doing this?

Thank you kindly, guys - I'm out of touch with beautiful LOS as I'm a working stiff right now in boring USA.

Lucky for me I talk to her in Thai everyday on Skype so this is keeping the beauty of LOS alive on a daily basis

but unfortunately she does not know about these matters so your advice is very helpful.

Most importantly, I don't have a retirement visa anymore, only the plain tourist visa - given this,

can I still buy a car in my name in LOS?

No.

Because you will need a residency certificate from Immigration to confirm that you live in Thailand on a long term basis. This is not availible for holiday makers.

Yes but from what I read many are tired of waiting for the promised Mazda BT50 & New Ford Rangers.

Not sure if it is just because of the flooding in BK or not.

Yes but from what I read many are tired of waiting for the promised Mazda BT50 & New Ford Rangers.

Isuzu and Chevy are also out and very good looking. 4 door version has incredible space for the rear passengers; a world of difference with the current models.

Isuzu and Chevy are also out and very good looking. 4 door version has incredible space for the rear passengers; a world of difference with the current models.

Good to hear that...We are moving full time to Chiang Mai in a couple of months.

4 door truck is on the list of things to do as soon as we arrive. It is one of our vehicles here in the US &

like you said lots of room. Even if it is just the two of us we find it super nice for putting bags etc

when shopping. Then of course you have the bed for dirty/trucking etc.

I know Isuzu has a strong following there & was going to check theirs out too.

Thanks

The toyota 4x2 2.5J-PS which is just about bottom of the range is what my wife and I will be looking at when we come over. At 632.000 baht it's near the bottom of the range but is essentially the same car as some of the more expensive models, we dont do off road and I prefer manual as the motor is a 4cyl diesel. at that sort of price you cant go wrong.

Edited by damo

The toyota 4x2 2.5J-PS which is just about bottom of the range is what my wife and I will be looking at when we come over. At 632.000 baht it's near the bottom of the range but is essentially the same car as some of the more expensive models, we dont do off road and I prefer manual as the motor is a 4cyl diesel. at that sort of price you cant go wrong.

Same for us although I am not sure what exact model yet....

But like you I am not buying 4x4 as we have no need. Also a lot of the frills I dont need either.

Many time I like to do my own after market work if needed anyway.

So things like sound systems/wheels/certain suspension upgrades etc....if not a real deal from the dealer I

rather go the route you are & change if needed later myself.

Is the 2.5J-PS a 4 door?

Thanks

Edited by flying

I am not a car person really, so it more of an A to B thing for us, we want to settle in Chinag Mai but allready have a home and family in Uttaradit so there will be a bit of a commute from time to time. The lack of 4x4 decreases insurance costs, the base model also has smaller tyres decreasing the overall longer term costs. The 0.5 L motor also being more efficient.

I may be wrong, just my opinion here, the lower range of vehicle will be more saleable later as those with the desire for all the bells and whistles will likely buy new anyway as opposed to some farmer type who in 5-10 years time is after a pickup that is affordable.

The 4x2 2.5J-PS is a 4 door

Damo,

Edited by damo

Most importantly, I don't have a retirement visa anymore, only the plain tourist visa - given this,

No.

Because you will need a residency certificate from Immigration to confirm that you live in Thailand on a long term basis. This is not availible for holiday makers.

Is there a way around this? Used to have a non-Immigrant visa for 10 years but gave it up when I had to return home to work in 2010.

How much cheaper are these compared to the 4-door Vigo?

How much cheaper are these compared to the 4-door Vigo?

None. Or negligible; between all main pick-up brands there is very little difference in price when comparing similarly specced vehicles. There is some difference in how many extras dealers are willing to throw in; they're less inclined to do this when there is a new model out and they're getting good sales because of that anyway. Note that this may vary also between dealers of the very same brand.

At the moment from only a brief look, not an in depth study as if I am buying right now, I have found that the 4 door vigo is the same if not cheaper that i'ts reborn rivals. I pesonally like to avoid motor cars that have just been released as its not until the third and fouth generations of a model that many of the little bugs are ironed out. The fith generation of vigo should be as good as it can get at probably the best price with many aditional freebies offered to clear out stock for anticipated sales of the model when it arrives.

Allthough I am not a car person, apart from my wifes camry which we keep as our own, I usually drive new cars.

Damo.

No.

Is there a way around this? Used to have a non-Immigrant visa for 10 years but gave it up when I had to return home to work in 2010.

NO!

No.

False

You can also get a letter at a price from your embassy and this is sufficient.

No.

False

Oh no it isn`t.

No.

False

Oh no it isn`t.

got a c70 and a old kia under my name, on tourist visa. it is possible, but i believe the problems come when you try to transfer off to the other party name.

In answer to your question, yes you can. And before you all start shouting read the question again.

No.

False

Oh no it isn`t.

Oh yes it is

http://www.cars4thai...in-Thailand.php

and the department itself

and

http://www.bkkriders.com/law/registration.html

note the part about 2001

Edited by harrry

• 2 weeks later...

No.

False

I was only here a year ( 2004/2005) on multiple consecutive 30 day tourist visas and bought a used truck in my name thru a Phuket dealer..things may have changed now but check around the dealers...not what you know yadda yadda..