How To Do An Express Marriage. Aussie.

althemighty

I need to get married in 1 day.

Step 1 declaration. queue up at embasy and enter as soon as it opens have form ready to be signed. anyone got an estimated time for this?

Step 2 translation. Ok i need document translated fast. What is the best way to do this? Somewhere close that i can book in advance for express translating.

Step 3 certification by thai department of consular affairs. Need to pay for express for the 2-3 hour service. Is this still offerend and if so should we call in advance?

Step 4 Amphoe Should i pre book this?

Ok so I have been told it is impossible but i feel like running around crazy in bangkok for a day to make it happen. Anyone try to do it in a day before and if so what is the strategy for success?

step 2. Look in advance where you can go near the embassy. No need to book them. They have everything on file and just fill in your personal data in their template. Should not take long.

step 3 is going to the Consular Department, for express service you need to be there before 12:00 hours! Maybe you can get it after that time and quicker with the help of a transaltion service, but than you will have to look for one who is able to do that in advance.

step 4. No, it will take maybe 30 minutes and no need to book in advance. You can get married at any amphur in Thailand, if in Bangkok Ban Rak is often advised as they have experience with foreigners marrying.

1 day for all this is short. A lot will depend on your embassy and how fast they issue the letter. Cant answer that question.

The UK Embassy (example) give in to the staff in the morning collect in the afternoon. No express service. However, during quiet periods then can get it done quicker, maybe your Embassy is the same, maybe not.