Bike Videos.

skybluestu

Made with GoPro Editing suite........

No comments on the production and direction of the video............

But I like the way you assess the traffic conditions, slowing down when lots of potential hazards around and opening when it was clearly safe to do so.

+1

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But I like the way you assess the traffic conditions, slowing down when lots of potential hazards around and opening when it was clearly safe to do so.

+1

Yeah I try not to take chances, I've had my fair share of dogs, tuk-tuks and blind mopeds appearing from nowhere. Glad you saw that I wasn't driving like a complete madman.

BTW....When you say 'no comments' on the production and direction of the video, do you mean that it is rubbish? It was only my second attempt using the editing suite, and I am by no means a pro...Surely you could at least say that the music was good??!!!

wai2.gif

+1

Yeah I try not to take chances, I've had my fair share of dogs, tuk-tuks and blind mopeds appearing from nowhere. Glad you saw that I wasn't driving like a complete madman.

BTW....When you say 'no comments' on the production and direction of the video, do you mean that it is rubbish? It was only my second attempt using the editing suite, and I am by no means a pro...Surely you could at least say that the music was good??!!!

wai2.gif

music is good and no it is not rubbish.

+1

wai2.gif

Sorry mate. What I meant was that it wasn't a very exciting video. I liked how you sped up those parts where nothing much was happening but then again, nothing much was happening throughout the whole video. A few captions might have helped to capture the essence of the ride better.

But I'll say it again - I think you ride very well, safe and responsible. You slowed down at exactly the same moments I would have, where there was traffic ahead, intersections etc and you let it ripped when it was clearly safe to do so. You are clearly an experienced (especially in Thailand) motorist. Bravo!!

+1

wai2.gif

Sorry mate. What I meant was that it wasn't a very exciting video. I liked how you sped up those parts where nothing much was happening but then again, nothing much was happening throughout the whole video. A few captions might have helped to capture the essence of the ride better.

But I'll say it again - I think you ride very well, safe and responsible. You slowed down at exactly the same moments I would have, where there was traffic ahead, intersections etc and you let it ripped when it was clearly safe to do so. You are clearly an experienced (especially in Thailand) motorist. Bravo!!

Thanks Gweilo, you redeemed yourself with that compliment! I've been riding here for the last 5 years so have mastered the art of anticipation pretty well, as you know it is the only way to drive and stay alive here - assume that any traffic in view will aim for you.

Cheers for the constructive criticism too, at least I know what the video is lacking. I am a little bit weary of popping wheelies and showing off to make a good video, so I will try doing what you suggest, and using my wit and poetry add some captions and things like that for next movie.

Happy riding!

thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Ok it's not really motorcycle riding related, but let's see who can first identify the motorcycle PART used (rather curiously I must say) at the world's highest bungy jump (AJ Hackett's Macau Tower Bungy). It'll probably be easy for you as I've given you the heads up, but I swear I watched and edited this video about 30 times before I even noticed it...

So True what the 1st minute or two says about engineering

Thanks for sharing Mania -- great video, bike and riding! In fact it made me think even more about something I've been contemplating for a while, and that is to maybe start moving away from road bikes (though I'd always keep a gem or two), and back more to off-road like my days growing up in Alaska -- with the main idea being you can still get kinda crazy but not really have to worry about other road users/pedestrians/bicyclists etc -- and there are still plenty of jungle trails and hills to explore here in Phuket.

Ok it's not really motorcycle riding related, but let's see who can first identify the motorcycle PART used (rather curiously I must say) at the world's highest bungy jump (AJ Hackett's Macau Tower Bungy). It'll probably be easy for you as I've given you the heads up, but I swear I watched and edited this video about 30 times before I even noticed it...

0:28 ?? motorcycle mastercylinder/brakelever

0:28 ?? motorcycle mastercylinder/brakelever

You got it dutchbike :)

I have one from last week's trip to Chiang Mai Mountains. Mae Hong Son and Pai. Very nice riding there and low traffic. If you haven't been up there yet, you should check it out. But not in the next few months - cold!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk99l5NBc_8

Jarek

Yep nice route

BUT

doesn't look really safe your one hand riding skills; are those craftsmen gloves?

I have one from last week's trip to Chiang Mai Mountains. Mae Hong Son and Pai. Very nice riding there and low traffic. If you haven't been up there yet, you should check it out. But not in the next few months - cold!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk99l5NBc_8

Jarek

Yep nice route

BUT

doesn't look really safe your one hand riding skills; are those craftsmen gloves?

No, riding with one hand is not safe, I agree.

Yes, they are craftsman gloves. They are made from cowhide just like the stuff they covered the siege engines with to protect them from fire. :)

My friends make fun of me for wearing them. However, they cost 80 baht, work great and I can leave them in my helmet and if somebody wants to steal them, which hasn't happened yet, they can.

" Encounter" between a D-Tracker and a Harley rider...... What you would have done ???

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=484747424890837

I would have done the same as the guy on the dtracker. Lose the t wat at the next lights but also remember the bike and numberplate.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Edited by pokerkid

• 2 weeks later...

Good Vid Denki

I still think for solo fun riding a good motard/converted dirt Type makes a lot of sense in Thailand

For sure, it's a shame Thailand doesn't get the likes of the WR450F, CRF450X, KLX450R, EXC500 etc......think they really get the most bang for buck in the fun department!

+1

wai2.gif

I think the music was good ... did you make it?

LWM