Bus To Bang Saray Or Other Ways?

gk10002000

I am rarely in a hurry when in Pattaya. Have heard good things about Bang Saray: decent beach for swimming, etc. Can anybody recommend how to get there? Taxi price if I default to that? A reasonable bus ride is fine with me. I don't mind riding high and looking out the window. Thinking of a day trip or if there are any reasonable hotels I would stay a few days.

Thanks

It's a great place to visit. The beaches are fantastic and there are lots of places to eat right on the beach under the coconut trees. Take the songthaew down to the traffic light at Bang Saray. Scooter taxis are there to take you to the beach.

If you don't want to go that far, try getting off the bus at the Ambassador Hotel (across the street on the way down). It's in NaJomtien. There's a lot of beach you can walk If you head to the right, you'll run into all sorts of places to eat, drink and sit on the beach. You'll come to the Jet Ski Bar just before the river outlet. Cross that and you're at The View. A very nice restaurant to eat. Past that is another kite boarding place with free chairs and drink service. Past that is the Glass House (expensive, but very nice). Keep going and you run into many more places.

The beach is not too bad, better if you head south towards the high end resorts and Ocean Marina. You can actually keep walking and end up at what I call Post Office beach, just past the temple in Ban Amphur. A very nice beach with chairs, umbrellas and places to eat right on the beach.

All of this is easily reachable via the white songthaews. When you are done, just walk back to Suk and get one back to town.

Post office beach is really nice. It's not so easy to find, but it's basically 1km or so past the traffic light at Ban Amphur. The first light you'll see after the Ambassador. On your right will be a post office, next to it is a road down to the beach. Not far, maybe 400m or so. I've walked from there all the way back to Jomtien. Takes about an hour or so.

It's a great place to visit. The beaches are fantastic and there are lots of places to eat right on the beach under the coconut trees. Take the songthaew down to the traffic light at Bang Saray. Scooter taxis are there to take you to the beach.

If you don't want to go that far, try getting off the bus at the Ambassador Hotel (across the street on the way down). It's in NaJomtien. There's a lot of beach you can walk If you head to the right, you'll run into all sorts of places to eat, drink and sit on the beach. You'll come to the Jet Ski Bar just before the river outlet. Cross that and you're at The View. A very nice restaurant to eat. Past that is another kite boarding place with free chairs and drink service. Past that is the Glass House (expensive, but very nice). Keep going and you run into many more places.

The beach is not too bad, better if you head south towards the high end resorts and Ocean Marina. You can actually keep walking and end up at what I call Post Office beach, just past the temple in Ban Amphur. A very nice beach with chairs, umbrellas and places to eat right on the beach.

All of this is easily reachable via the white songthaews. When you are done, just walk back to Suk and get one back to town.

Post office beach is really nice. It's not so easy to find, but it's basically 1km or so past the traffic light at Ban Amphur. The first light you'll see after the Ambassador. On your right will be a post office, next to it is a road down to the beach. Not far, maybe 400m or so. I've walked from there all the way back to Jomtien. Takes about an hour or so.

Agreed.

This is the best beach area around.

Great point. Easy scooter ride down here.

But there is no way of getting there without avoiding the death trap that is Sukhumvit Highway ?

Understood. I visit Jomtien often to walk on the boardwalk there. You can take Beach Road all the way to the end, and then continue on through the turns until it connects with Huay Yai. That takes you to Suk. If only going to The View, or somewhere near there, you're only on Suk for 1KM or so.

But yes, Suk is a very busy highway.

I have to laugh at the suggestion to get off a baht bus at The Ambassador Hotel

Fine suggestion till you have to fight the hoards of Eastern Europeans who just realized that the hotel they were booked into is miles from anything of note so they wait and wait and then squeeze into the white Baht bus back to Pattaya

Save yourself some discomfort and take the highway bus and then a local baht bus in Bang Saray to the beach

I'm sold on the idea. Thanks all. Trip number 14 to the LOS coming soon. This darn contract just won't end, so I will keep taking the pay and doing short vacations until the contract ends. One more year and really will be able to retire.

Been there said that, and then someone offers you loadsamoney for 'just one more year'.

At least now I'm working in Thailand though.

I have to laugh at the suggestion to get off a baht bus at The Ambassador Hotel

Fine suggestion till you have to fight the hoards of Eastern Europeans who just realized that the hotel they were booked into is miles from anything of note so they wait and wait and then squeeze into the white Baht bus back to Pattaya

Save yourself some discomfort and take the highway bus and then a local baht bus in Bang Saray to the beach

An especially unpleasant sight for us, when heading into pattaya, and being behind one of these, is the row of men on the back wearing nothing but speedos with all their "goods" on full display! bah.gif

But you are absolutely correct, that bus can be packed, packed, packed right outside the Ambassador. Best to catch one a bit further South.

Understood. I visit Jomtien often to walk on the boardwalk there. You can take Beach Road all the way to the end, and then continue on through the turns until it connects with Huay Yai. That takes you to Suk. If only going to The View, or somewhere near there, you're only on Suk for 1KM or so.

But yes, Suk is a very busy highway.

I find it frustraing.

I have often driven down to Jomtien and eat now and again at Loong Sawai 2, which I think is as far as you can go.

I dont mind going onto Sukhumvit Highway for a 1KM, but its coming back after sunset, that scares the shit out of me.

I really wish there was an easier way of getting further south from Jomtien.

This is just me, but I would never drive on Suk after dark on my scooter. Heck, I try not to drive on it at all. If you read the Pattaya News forum, many accidents happen on this stretch of road. People drive way too fast...and many times have been drinking.

• Like 1