3 Entries 60-Day Tourist Visa Questions

Hello everyone,

I'm getting ready to get my tourist visa for Thailand from the US. For the 60-day tourist visa (I understand with 30 day renewal) I see that there is an option to get either one, 2 or 3 entries. If I get 3 entries, does it mean that I have to leave the country 3 times every 60 days?? Also am I allowed to do the 30 days extension at the end of the 60 days?

Thanks!

G-

You only have to leave once every 60 days, or 90 days if you take the extension. wink.png So it would be 90 days, leave the country and return, for another 60 days plus 30 day extension, leave the country and return and again 60 + 30 days and leave the country.

The trick is that the visa has a validity and you must use the entries before the visa expires. So apply as late as possible for the visa, as its validity starts from the day they issue it.

licklips.gif No, as Mario said a triple entry tourist visa will get you 3 entries...each one is good for 60 days...and with the possibility of a 30 day extension at the end of each 60 day entry. So if you use it correctly that can give you over 200 days in Thailand legally.

However, the catch is that all 3 entrys must be used before the expiration date on the visa. Normally that is about 180 days after it is issued. That makes it difficult to get the theoretical maximum of (3 times (60 plus 30=90) or 270 days) stay in Thailand.

With a double entry or triple entry tourist visa...each time you enter Thailand you get a 60 day stay, with the possibility of a 30 day extension (for a fee) at the local immigration here in Thailand.

So a single entry tourist visa will get you (60 plus 30 extension) or 90 days....a double entry will get 180 days...and a triple would get you a maximum of 270 days....as long as your visa has not expired before that.

Just remember, the visa starts counting down from the day it is issued...not when you actually arrive in Thailand.

To activate the 2nd or 3rd entry...what you do is to go to a border or exit Thailand by air. At a land border, you simply depart Thailand, making absolutely sure you are stamped out of Thailand by the immigration. Then you can immeadiately enter the line to re-enter Thailand...and be stamped in for another 60 days/

licklips.gif

"At a land border, you simply depart Thailand, making absolutely sure you are stamped out of Thailand by the immigration. Then you can immeadiately enter the line to re-enter Thailand...and be stamped in for another 60 days/"

There is also the minor detail of having to enter and exit another country before re-entering Thailand.

"At a land border, you simply depart Thailand, making absolutely sure you are stamped out of Thailand by the immigration. Then you can immeadiately enter the line to re-enter Thailand...and be stamped in for another 60 days/"

There is also the minor detail of having to enter and exit another country before re-entering Thailand.

sorry but im a bit confused here unless ive read it wrong but some posters on same topic have said all you have to do is go to immigration with your fee etc,. in your local City. is it ? city or leave the country to get your 30 days ???

We are talking about a 3 entry visa - to obtain a new 60 day entry you must re-enter. Each of the entries can be extended 30 days so for those you visit immigration with a TM.7 form and 1,900 baht to get the extra 30 days.

A triple entry Non-O is valid for entry into Thailand for 6 months. I only allows you to enter, but does not determine how long you can stay. To get maximum use out of the visa you must enter right after it is issued. When you enter you will be granted 60 days permission to stay and that can be extended for 30 days at immigration in Thailand, cost 1900 baht. On the last day, exit and re-enter (second entry). You will get 60 days which can again be extended for 30 days, cost 1900 baht. Now the trick. On the day before the VISA expires (or the must enter by date on the visa) exit and re-enter (third entry) and you will get another 60 days that can be extended for 30 days, cost 1900 baht. So if you enter Thailand the day after the visa is issued and use it properly you can get 265+ days.

When you exit and return, you must physically enter and leave the neighboring country, Malaysia is free, Burma is 500 baht, Cambodia is 20 USD and Laos depends on your nationality, about 40 USD. But the visa does take up space in your passport.

A triple entry Non-O is valid for entry into Thailand for 6 months. I only allows you to enter, but does not determine how long you can stay. To get maximum use out of the visa you must enter right after it is issued. When you enter you will be granted 60 days permission to stay and that can be extended for 30 days at immigration in Thailand, cost 1900 baht. On the last day, exit and re-enter (second entry). You will get 60 days which can again be extended for 30 days, cost 1900 baht. Now the trick. On the day before the VISA expires (or the must enter by date on the visa) exit and re-enter (third entry) and you will get another 60 days that can be extended for 30 days, cost 1900 baht. So if you enter Thailand the day after the visa is issued and use it properly you can get 265+ days.

When you exit and return, you must physically enter and leave the neighboring country, Malaysia is free, Burma is 500 baht, Cambodia is 20 USD and Laos depends on your nationality, about 40 USD. But the visa does take up space in your passport.

The first sentence in the above post "A triple entry Non-O" should be read as "A triple entry Tourist Visa".

Sophon

You only have to leave once every 60 days, or 90 days if you take the extension. wink.png So it would be 90 days, leave the country and return, for another 60 days plus 30 day extension, leave the country and return and again 60 + 30 days and leave the country.

The trick is that the visa has a validity and you must use the entries before the visa expires. So apply as late as possible for the visa, as its validity starts from the day they issue it.

You always have a few extra days to play with because the triple entry is valid for 6 months rather than 6 x 30 days.

when i obtained a tourist visa , at the thai consulate in UK ,

i was informed it lasts for 180 days , not 6 mounths .

more importantly , every visit to laos for rentry purposes,

means a laos visa stamp , taking up a full page on my passport .

IMO deposit the 800,000 bht and, fkc being arsed about .

jap.gif

The expiration date is clearly marked on the visa and Consulate sets what they feel is right (but 3 or 6 months is suggested and normal per MFA who supervise Consulates) per below:

7. Please note that the period of visa validity is different from the period of stay. Visa validity is the period during which a visa can be used to enter Thailand. In general, the validity of a visa is 3 months, but in some cases, visas may be issued to be valid for 6 months, 1 year or 3 years. The validity of a visa is granted with discretion by the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General and is displayed on the visa sticker.
  • Like 1