Is It Possible To Transfer A Vehicle Ownership Without New Owner Presence?

My thai wife is incredibly stingy, she doesn't allow me to get one more bike. Is it possible to buy and transfer a bike to her name without her knowing? (probably making her to sign some consent form or something) no finance, just a one time payment.

of course if it doesnt work, i would need to get a letter from immigration for the prove of resident, but im itching for a new ride

As far as i am aware of, the presence of the owner it's compulsory...

it isnt ,i bought a scooter a few years ago for the wife ,just gave a thai seller a

copy of her id card and our address and he took went armed with just those two

pieces of paper and came back a few days later with our greenbook

neither of us went near the dlt for that bike ,he called us to pick the greenbook

from his shop when it was ready

a letter from the enbassy is all you need ,better than faking her signature or some such ........but

how is she NOT going to notice a shiny new bike in your driveway?

you are probably right. im better off getting the proper documents. urgh. i stay in a condominium, so no issues =)

How much was the transfer? You mentioned a "new book". I have a seller who is cooperative but mislaid the old Green Book. (Separate thread - just wondering if someone here has answers).

I would opt for an upgrade. Get a bigger bike! Sell the old one. That's what I'm doing...